Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: AA - 0.5/1.0 Party... protect or get out?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how a threshold for PFR of 20% will start to make you think you are beat. FYI, he was raising first in with T9o, 34s, etc. I had almost no read on his hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok... let's say that this player is actually about a PFR of 5%.... then you have him beat.... Period. It's easy... what can he raise pf w/ that he beats you with? Nothing.

OK... now let's increase it to 10%. Now you may have to worry about a set, but he's a little to early to raise anything that will make a set from this board.

15% pfr.... now we start to see any PP being raise pf. You may be against a set (granted a low % chance).

20% pfr.... suited connectors, PPs, suited aces and such appear here.... time to get a little worried.

Now, in saying that, someone w/ pfr of 1% will raise KK, as someone with pfr of 75% will raise KK. These hands exist through the levels of pfr.

I'm just saying that if the LAP has a pfr of less than 20%, you really don't have to worry too much about being beat. You will be good more often than not.

[ QUOTE ]
Posting results doesn't help so much in discussing the strategy for this hand, but off the top of my head it does serve two useful purposes.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... don't worry about it. I felt the same for a long time (I always felt like I had to post results)... Now, I like not knowing the results... I think it makes everyone a better player by not becoming results oriented.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: AA - 0.5/1.0 Party... protect or get out?

Thanks for your response.

I'll get back to you on what his exact PFR was. I think it was higher than 10% though. 11 rings a bell, but I'll have to look it up. It's probably also not near statistically significant.