Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Time to push AK?

Just another vote for "fold."

p.s. I also wouldn't have made it 100. 65 sounds about right. Limping is probably better than 100.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:11 AM

What's wrong with the standard 3xBB raise here? That being said, if I bet 100 and get raised to 500, I am folding without a second thought.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just another vote for "fold."

p.s. I also wouldn't have made it 100. 65 sounds about right. Limping is probably better than 100.

[/ QUOTE ]

65 does nothing to thin the field in these low dollar tournaments. I usually get mutliple callers early on with a 100 raise.

As I stated in my original post I fold this hand without much thought in my normal game. This play was different for me which is why I was looking for feedback. It felt wrong at the time as it's so early to push my entire stack. Of course anything that you do different feels "wrong" because it's different, not necessarily wrong.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:35 PM

i don't have much experience in big field tournament play but 30 minutes into it, without having invested too much in this pot already i dont' think you need to risk your stack on a coinflip and can fold.

your best case scenerio is if you're up against Ax, but there will be instances where you'll be crushed by AA and KK and coinflips with pairs. since you raised so big utg, the re-raiser could have you on something you want to back your stack with and pot commit you with a primo holding.

but if you are gonna play this hand i think you should push and see all 5 cards.

also, 5x the bb seems too big of an raise imo, but i don't really know how this really plays out in big tourneys.