Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: 88 in EP. (Stars $20 Deepstack) Oh, and i\'m a calling station.

You dont think Villan bluffs the turn? There are plenty of potential hands that bet this without thinking they are bluffing. It really doesnt look like we have a J. So, I think he bets any PP, AX KX with a pair, and a lot of over cards. If he checks behind, that is fine. We prefer this pot small anyway
Old 12-22-2005, 05:39 PM

IF villain bets the turn he should push not mini-bluff.

From villain's point of view, hero probably has a midpair or overs. Villain is behind. (Note that from both players point of view they are behind) The number of jacks that villain can represent dropped by 50%. Hero is probably committed to the pot with a mid pair. I'd say villains FE just dropped dramatically, and he should check behind and expect hero to check on the river.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:10 AM

I agree that, villan's best line is either to jam the turn or check.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:22 PM

*blind response*

I've been thinking about this type of calldown line a lot lately.

Preflop: Raising or calling is fine. I'd raise if it's a tight table and call if there's a lot of limping going on.

Flop: Definitely understand no continuation bet, and also the call. The problem is that MP2 is betting into 3 players, so it depends on the read. Sans that, I think we have to fold here. I think it's important that we decide if we're ahead here or not, instead of waiting for the turn to see what he does.

Turn: The way this hand played out, how about leading out with a bet of 1200-1500? If he calls, we'll probably have to check and let it go on the river. If he pushes we fold.

River: I don't like this. There's another overcard and MP2 has been betting every street. I think most villains who are behind us here are going to make a smaller bet unless he's a tricky player.

I like the calldown line a lot when your heads-up on the flop. Here it looks like we're behind too often to make this play.

Any read on MP2 here?

I do think this is an interesting hand.