Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-21-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Ed Miller be damned, I\'m folding (5/10)

I don't see how such ridiculously high flop and turn ag's can makes him 'ABC'.

I doubt you can be ahead or split here....just pointing out that he is REALLY hyper-ag on flop and turn streets (and surprisingly tame on the river).
Old 12-21-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check/raise the flop. And the pot really isn't that big at the river, you're getting ~9.6 to 1 at best, although I think the best you can hope for is 4.8 to 1 once in awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does check-raising the flop accomplish?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:19 AM

I don't think i've known a player that has 25/20 that has an AF of 5+ on the flop? Does he way over play his hands on the flop? Given UTG's range that you gave I don't understand why you would 3 bet the flop unless you think he would go to town on you with TT, JJ or KQs or something on this flop? I call the flop raise and call down/reevaluate.

I can't see how you can call two bets on the river. Regardless of what Button has (maybe a slowplayed flush/maybe nothing) I don't think you beat UTG enough. Maybe its cause I'm drunk but if there weren't a flush there and knowing enough about the specifics of each player what do you think about a river 3-bet?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It traps the button. I would have mindlessly led the flop, but when I read about the c/r, I like it. Since he still has the initiative, let him lead. I think you're ahead on this flop a ton against someone who raises 20% of their hands.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little confused why you 3-bet the solid player's UTG pfr OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because against someone who raises 20% of their hands preflop, you're going to have them dominated with AQ a hell of a lot more than you'll be dominated.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think i've known a player that has 25/20 that has an AF of 5+ on the flop? Does he way over play his hands on the flop? Given UTG's range that you gave I don't understand why you would 3 bet the flop unless you think he would go to town on you with TT, JJ or KQs or something on this flop? I call the flop raise and call down/reevaluate.

I can't see how you can call two bets on the river. Regardless of what Button has (maybe a slowplayed flush/maybe nothing) I don't think you beat UTG enough. Maybe its cause I'm drunk but if there weren't a flush there and knowing enough about the specifics of each player what do you think about a river 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet flop since megafish was coming along for the ride with a wide variety of hands, there was a flush draw on the board, and because UTG was so damned aggressive on the flop in general.

Not so sure about a river 3-bet...what's the reasoning behind it?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check/raise the flop. And the pot really isn't that big at the river, you're getting ~9.6 to 1 at best, although I think the best you can hope for is 4.8 to 1 once in awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does leading the flop accomplish? You'll get him to fold a 2-outer and raise a dominating hand.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Is he folding JJ here for one bet in a 13-bet pot?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little confused why you 3-bet the solid player's UTG pfr OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because against someone who raises 20% of their hands preflop, you're going to have them dominated with AQ a hell of a lot more than you'll be dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that this solid player will tighten up his raising standards UTG to somewhere between like ~13%-15%. And while we might have a small edge, we're not that great against his range, especially OOP. IMO we give up our good relative position by pushing a small edge OOP.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is he folding JJ here for one bet in a 13-bet pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't surprise me. Don't forget he's paying 5 of those bets for a showdown with almost no chance to improve. But why give him the opportunity to fold? Even if he'll almost always call JJ, he's always always going to bet it.