Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-17-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Friday nights are ridic

GH slim. You absolutely have to raise the turn here IMO. The pot's sweeeeet. You have the nut flush draw, just turned top pair, and can make it two bets to the rest of the field. You'll never fold an ace...or hardly ever. But for those times your hand is good you'll do wonders for your equity. Plus...you have the nut flush draw for those times it's not. Good hand.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:40 AM

Why not raise the flop? You will most likely get callers any way and you have the nut flush, why not build the pot?

On the turn it looks like you maybe up vs. a set or reverse dominated w a/6,a/3 or a/7. So I would just call. Plus you have a good nut draw so why knock out players?

I like the river fold because your draw didnt hit and his 2nd donk bet means he wasnt f'n around.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:08 AM

I like the turn raise. Anybody with a 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 has 4 or 5 outs against Hero. Given preflop these holdings are not unlikely at all.

If there were some guarantee BB is ahead, than calling would probably be better, but he could certainly be betting a draw.

Lastly, even if you get called in multiple spots AND BB has a better ace your equity still probably holds its own.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:26 AM

Don't know if it's an indication how the table is playing, but this hand is 7 to the flop, unraised. I'd sure as hell limp UTG with A-Crap suited.

Putting the BB on an A is premature after the flop. He checks preflop and THEN leads out the action on the flop--I can put him on a variety of hands--TPGK, 4-flush, or gutshot/flopped straight. If the flopped straight I'd think he'd slowplay.

After he 3-bets the turn I suspect a much better A than mind, possibly 2 pair. Still, a huge pot, and I call the 3-bet and hope for a heart. Capping might actually lose money, as MP1 and button will have to cold-call 2 bets TWICE in the same hand. I'd suspect they'd fold.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:25 AM

I originally thought the turn raise was terrible, but then I realized you need to protect against any one-pair or gutshot hand. You might even be ahead now. vnh.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:21 AM

Raise the flop. This pot is just big enough to try to eliminate other aces if possible. Besides, most will probably call anyway. Plus you have bad relative position if you hit your flush having to act immediately after the BB.