Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-12-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]

He Showed 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for Flopped Quads...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oish. That'll leave a mark. Well, I was right he had a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In the end, I don'think there was much you could have done about it. raise more and you don't get any action on your QQ, raise what you did and occasionally someone will flop a monster.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:45 PM

Yea , thats where I was curious, Every one said "Nothing you can do" But I wasn;t so sure there was "nothing"
Old 12-12-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: QQ in the BB early on

[ QUOTE ]
Hello All , I very rarely post a hand (here or else where) however I am curious of the play here..

Live B+M tournamnet (540 Buy in Seneca Niagara up in Niagara Falls)

Rounds are 1/2 hour each
Levels started at 25/25
We Start with 3k in Chips

My Image is Aggressive

Table, Is fairly weak/tight - Loose/passive. Most people will "play ball" (IE Folding to my agression etc) . The Villan here is weak/tightie

I'm in seat 3 Villan is Seat 9

Chip Stacks (of relivance)
Villan = 5800 ~
Hero = 4500 ~

Round 3 50/75 Hold'em (10 max, 10 handed)

Preflop: I am BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q. [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
6 folds, Villan calls, 2 Fold, SB calls, Hero Raises 200 (total 275), villan Calls, SB Folds.

Ok heres me Read so far, he kind of started to squirm like he didn't like it but was tired of me "buying pots" . My General feeling here was a Big/Suited Middle Ace, or middle pair

Flop: (Pot 625) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero Bets 600, Villan Calls

My read: he again didnt look "thrillied" to call but

Turn: (Pot 1825) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero Bets 1200, Villan Raises All- In

Read: he thought about it for about 45 seconds says "whats the bet" and says " Ok I go all in then"

What hand's do we put Villan on now? Can we Fold here? Should we fold here? I'm curious to your play vs the read I've give as much as the "book" play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy call. If he made trips so be it, but it's unlikeyl, as is AA/KK. Unless he's putting on a total acting job, everything he's saying/doing says you have him beat.

You're also way committted to fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes i did see the guys Hand

I called pretty quickly actually (after I calculated what I put in the pot, whats in there,rest of the odds etc) and the assumption my hand was good a decent amount of the time

He Showed 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for Flopped Quads...

Yea the results ,were..disgusting?...but the question was more or less should this call be an ultra easy insta call or should I have sat back and thought it over and perhaps ditched or slowed on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only thing worse than not calling the all in would be to show what you fold. Why dont you just hang a sign on your head that says "I'll fold overpairs heads up really easy on non scary boards, so go ahead and bluff me".

You got unlucky, it happens.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: QQ in the BB early on

If the villain here is as "weak-tight" as you say he is, you're dead in the water. There is no way that he's pushing without 1) trips (unlikely), a boat (very likely), or quads (less likely). Rob, I haven't read the results yet but I think you've got to find a way to lay this one down.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:26 AM

It's a big laydown but it can be made, I think, especially as your intial read was middle pair. I've laid down aces full to quads once (the opponent was kind enough to show me) but that was in a cash game and the betting pattern was a lot easier to read. (I bet increasingly heavily through the streets and he went ott all in on the river). Here it's very difficult because he could easily have 99 or similar and know that you've missed. But...if this were a bluff or semi-bluff he'd have to be a fish because he's got to think you'll call.
The hardest thing about laying down is not knowing for sure whether you've made the right move.