Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: A more retarded hand of PLO8 you wont see in a long time.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two points, 1: position is irrelevant in games where everyone shoves. A577 utg is just the same as A577 on the button. 2: If you want to be a profitable player you have to play very loose preflop for 1 bet and recognise every flop where you have a good draw and fold the rest. Why would I ever want to fold A577 preflop for 1 bet when I can put $200 more in post flop 4 handed against people with 4% equity on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

rimjob ribbo , how do you know youre going to be able to see the flop for 1 bet if youre calling utg?? Thats the whole thing about position if youre on the button yes you can play it for 1 bet, utg you dont know how much its gonna cost you until the blinds act.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying in your dumb stupid way is that when I limp in, everyone on the table should know I have A2. Sorry homeslice, wont happen. If you want to raise my utg limp then go ahead, because I might checkraise you with my AA2x. A winning player plays a lot of hands preflop, the only difference is he doesn't stick around on bad flops. I play any hand that has the potential for big flops, suited aces in a loose game are gold.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just simply ask your own mistakes? You were GAMBLING with potentially little edge on the flop, you were ENTIRELY gambling for half of it on the turn. This is not a winning player's attitude or plays, and when you win it's because you are against very poor players most of the time.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this post is perfect for showing the ignorance of the general player in PLO8. In a 4 handed game, could you please explain how 63% equity is a "little edge" thanks. If you can successfully explain this, I am perfectly prepared to give you $5,000

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the flavor of Ribbo's post if not the delivery style. I think one of the keys to playing successful PLO8 is to be able to get better rough estimates of equity at the table than your opponents. I think the reason PLO8 is such a good game to be playing right now is that MOST opponents (even players that seem fairly solid for the most part) will not even be able to pick out favorites or estimate equity hardly at all if you give them all the hands face up for a given flop. If they can't come close face up, then how in the world are they going to have a prayer with the cards hidden.

Today I had a guy complain about my lucky hit for getting all in against him with Ac Kc Js 8s against his Jh Th 9s 7d on a board of Jc Tc 3h when I rivered the broadway. I am a 9 to 5 favorite when the money goes in, but he will just chalk it up to his bad luck and rebuy convinced he is a solid player. Can you imagine playing holdem and a guy thinking JT is a favorite over AK preflop? This is an equivalent mistake. If I turned my hand face up, that guy would have gladly put all his chips in the pot anyway, but would he do that with JT versus an exposed AK in holdem preflop? I doubt it.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play any hand that has the potential for big flops, suited aces in a loose game are gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

A single suited ace is 6% to hit a flush by the river (including paired boards). It has a 119-1 chance of flopping a flush.

So, with a single suited A you're adding <6% (probably around 5%, including paired boards) to the value of your HIGH HAND ONLY. How is this 'gold'?

You basically played A577 with a few percent added to its equity. The only good flops you're going to get with any kind of playable equity are

- A flush draw on a high board (~5% of the time - hits 1/3 of that)
- A flush draw on a lo draw board (~5% of the time - is there even any equity here?)
- 77 set on a high board (probably your best bet - but less than 4% of the time)
- 77 set on two or three low board (~6% of the time, some equity, but very little long term profit when money is going in)
- 234[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you're doing this for 'image' (like your posts), then fine. But don't claim it's profitable hand from EP.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play any hand that has the potential for big flops, suited aces in a loose game are gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

A single suited ace is 6% to hit a flush by the river (including paired boards). It has a 119-1 chance of flopping a flush.

So, with a single suited A you're adding <6% (probably around 5%, including paired boards) to the value of your HIGH HAND ONLY. How is this 'gold'?

You basically played A577 with a few percent added to its equity. The only good flops you're going to get with any kind of playable equity are

- A flush draw on a high board (~5% of the time - hits 1/3 of that)
- A flush draw on a lo draw board (~5% of the time - is there even any equity here?)
- 77 set on a high board (probably your best bet - but less than 4% of the time)
- 77 set on two or three low board (~6% of the time, some equity, but very little long term profit when money is going in)
- 234[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you're doing this for 'image' (like your posts), then fine. But don't claim it's profitable hand from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it is a profitable hand from early position, in the right game and also in the right player. This isn't limit O8. In pot limit, 1 bet can go in while behind and 199 bets can go in post flop when ahead. That's why the hand is profitable.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:40 AM

I am perfectly prepared to give you $5,000

You already did, thank you for your kindness.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am perfectly prepared to give you $5,000

You already did, thank you for your kindness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for admitting you were wrong, that's exactly the reply I expected from someone retarded.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:43 AM

As easy as it may be to speak of equity in the pot and implied value of this hand "Post Mortum", you fail to recognize that most people don't play with their "Pokulator" running like you do. Yes you had an extreme advantage of equity and hand strength post flop, but as the hand played out no cards were revealed. Did your opponents know you had 2nd set and nut flush? Obviously NOT! Otherwise they would not have called the flop bet. Even a tard like you can make the easy laydown knowing they are an extreme dog going to the turn and river. Not all players use your skills of mathmatics while in a hand. You speak hastily with your remarks and retorts to comments made by others. Although you'd like to think you are All-mighty when it comes to Omaha, and maybe you are a superior player than most, it is a game of chance and gambling. Hence, bad calls and bets made by your opponents. And thus, "bad beats" given to you. And by the way, Pre-flop you were only about a 17% to come home. It's only a bad beat when you are a favorite preflop, not postflop. I never said you were wrong at any point in the hand, just that your opponent's call was justified from an objective view point. Remember once again, you are speaking about this hand from hindsight. This does raise anyone's Poker IQ at least 50 points, and in your case maybe an extra 100.

Still Your Admirer
Old 11-21-2005, 02:44 AM

Justifications of a crybaby. Ho,hum.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 PM

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=117594
Old 11-21-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=117594

[/ QUOTE ]

Took you a couple of days to trawl through all the hand histories I post to find that huh. Shame it has nothing to do with you, but nice try anyway.
I love the way people post anonymously to forums or newsgroups and somehow expect to be taken seriously. I can understand you wanting to remain anonymous though, wouldn't want the whole world to know how retarded you are eh?
Oh and by the way, if you're going to troll, try atleast posting something believable, you just get laughed at otherwise.
Closed Thread