Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Results

i dont get your call on the turn with the TT... you had a bluff planned for various rivers!?!?

that being said, obviously id have made this bluff every time if i knew what he had, though its just amazing how people cant let small flopped flushes go once their hand gets destroyed by a 4th flush card.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Black TT, he called with 45d.
What i wanted to accomplish with this exercise is to see whether my line looked convincing enough to dump a low flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, so this is a bad beat post in disguise. HOW COULD HE CALL WITH A LOW FLUSH! I agree with Worst Player, this thread is retarded. These "guess my hand" posts always are. Obviously you know that decent players will fold a 5 high flush to your all in. You know that you have "effectively represented" a hand that beats that. Most 2+2ers fold less than a fullhouse to your all in. You didn't post this "to see if we'd put an unknown on a hand better than a 5 high flush." You posted it because you "made an awesome read and can't believe these idiots call with any 2 holy [censored] they suck." The reason people do call with baby flushes in this spot is because they have seen enough good players bend backwards to win any pot they are in regardless of whether they have a read on their opponent, or not.
-James
Old 11-16-2005, 03:53 PM

No it wasnt a bad beat post at all, i just wanted to know if any half decent player would call here with a low flush.
And TWP was being an ass...its waht hes best at doing, those are his words, not mine.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Although that's true, I didn't actually say this thread was retarded. James misquoted me. I said that IF TBG was saying he could push here with any two THEN this thread is retarded. I think it's a fine thread to see if we can put him on a bluff here because his line is suspicious. And in fact, I DO think that his line is suspicious and I DO think that a bluff is a large part of his range here, although certainly not all of his range and probably not even the majority (particularly without the over-aggro read that we have of him). However, and this is a point that I made repeatedly to TBG when discussing this hand privately, HE IS A RETARD FOR BLUFFING A BAD PLAYER.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:11 PM

there he goes...being an ass again..
Old 11-16-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No it wasnt a bad beat post at all, i just wanted to know if any half decent player would call here with a low flush.
And TWP was being an ass...its waht hes best at doing, those are his words, not mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was truly your goal, you should have posted it from the villain's perpsective - though I still maintain that it is a thinly veiled bad beat post. If you are asking for advice, I'll give it to you. Don't call the turn with the sole intention of making all in bluffs on the river on suspicious boards against unknown players. You know that almost every single good player would fold a 5 high flush here against an unknown, I know that, TWP knows that, the whole forum knows it. You stacked yourself by trying to bluff a calling station. The lesson to be learned for you is not "whew, most good players would have folded, great move thabadguy!", it's what I put in bold above. I just think you'll have more success if you don't try to weasel your way into winning every pot against unknowns when it seems obvious you are beaten.
-James
Old 11-16-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although that's true, I didn't actually say this thread was retarded. James misquoted me. I said that IF TBG was saying he could push here with any two THEN this thread is retarded. I think it's a fine thread to see if we can put him on a bluff here because his line is suspicious. And in fact, I DO think that his line is suspicious and I DO think that a bluff is a large part of his range here, although certainly not all of his range and probably not even the majority (particularly without the over-aggro read that we have of him). However, and this is a point that I made repeatedly to TBG when discussing this hand privately, HE IS A RETARD FOR BLUFFING A BAD PLAYER.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to quote you, but I do understand your point. Mostly I hope that the wrong lesson isn't learned from this thread(that check-calling these turns and bluffing all in vs. unknowns is a good play).
-James