Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 10-07-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: By The Time My PokerTracker Imports The Hands...

I'm totally just post-whoring now. You may also want to check whether you are auto-rating yourself as per:

The auto-import is taking longer and longer to run...
Old 10-07-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a spaz today. I just found this in the PT help files that may help as well:

[ QUOTE ]

DO NOT - use a folder that is in the same path where Party Poker is writing the hand history files to. For instance, DO NOT use a folder name called c:\partypoker\handhistory\processed files because this will just cause these files to be read the next time you use the auto-import.

Please note: if you use this feature and you close the auto-import window before closing the tables that are being logged, PT will copy the files over but it will not be able to remove the files from the hand history folder because the files are locked as long as the tables are open.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This I remember reading and made sure I didn't do this. In fact, my Processed folder is on my desktop.

As far as autorating players goes... good question. I think I am autorating players, though I have no idea how to actually view the autorate icons. I recently imported some autorate criteria from the SSNL forum for my 6max NL game. Not sure if it even worked. It seemed to process the data, but I never sawe any icons when my Gametime+ was running.

Could the autorate be causing the slowdown?

Thanks for your perseverence with this issue, BTW. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a spaz today. I just found this in the PT help files that may help as well:

[ QUOTE ]

DO NOT - use a folder that is in the same path where Party Poker is writing the hand history files to. For instance, DO NOT use a folder name called c:\partypoker\handhistory\processed files because this will just cause these files to be read the next time you use the auto-import.

Please note: if you use this feature and you close the auto-import window before closing the tables that are being logged, PT will copy the files over but it will not be able to remove the files from the hand history folder because the files are locked as long as the tables are open.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This I remember reading and made sure I didn't do this. In fact, my Processed folder is on my desktop.

As far as autorating players goes... good question. I think I am autorating players, though I have no idea how to actually view the autorate icons. I recently imported some autorate criteria from the SSNL forum for my 6max NL game. Not sure if it even worked. It seemed to process the data, but I never sawe any icons when my Gametime+ was running.

Could the autorate be causing the slowdown?

Thanks for your perseverence with this issue, BTW. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any luck yet? Sounds more and more like you're auto-rating yourself and your large number of hands are causing your performance issue. You can set yourself to not be autorated from the Ring Game Player Statistics window. Or alternatively you could just turn off auto rating from the Auto Import by unchecking it.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:37 PM

If you're only playing for 30 minutes, the stats you have on your opponents are close to worthless anyway. At that point, you're basically using PT to track your own results. Which is fine, too. PT is worth the cost if just for its ability to track your own results.

But don't think that you're missing out on some golden information that will magically transform you in to a winning player just because you go 30 minutes without knowing seat 3's VPIP. I can assure you that that information is faulty anyway first of all. Second of all, you should be able to know how loose or how tight an opponent is when they table thier first few hands.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're only playing for 30 minutes, the stats you have on your opponents are close to worthless anyway. At that point, you're basically using PT to track your own results. Which is fine, too. PT is worth the cost if just for its ability to track your own results.

But don't think that you're missing out on some golden information that will magically transform you in to a winning player just because you go 30 minutes without knowing seat 3's VPIP. I can assure you that that information is faulty anyway first of all. Second of all, you should be able to know how loose or how tight an opponent is when they table thier first few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. What are you saying is assuming I never play with the same opponent more than once.