Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-10-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Tell me it\'s going to be ok :)

This guy knows what he's talking about.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone say that giving villain credit for bd strait or flush and therefore checking river be a good play (ie HELL NO)?

[/ QUOTE ]
did i ever say the guy was correct for checking the river in the first place? nope.

i'm pointing out that your advice to bet and 3-bet AA on a 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river is absurd.

edit: it's not going to be ok.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pointing out that your advice to bet and 3-bet AA on a 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that's interesting, because I would be 3 betting against most opponents. What I see happening way more often than anything is, Q hits, you bet, some donk says to themself "Hey! I've just rivered top pair! I'm going to raise!"

This happens way more often than someone rivering a bd strait or flush. And (i'm assuming this is ss where donks abound) you have 3 other ppl padding the pot, which makes it even more lucrative. Higher variance no doubt, but ev+ imo.

But now I am curious to hear your reply...
Old 09-10-2005, 06:05 PM

try to think a little deeper than "i don't think anyone hit a bd straight or flush."

a five card board with TJQ is one of the worst possible boards for you when you hold KK or AA, especially when you have been the aggressor for the entire hand and are raised on the river. so many common hands can hit that board, be it by making a straight, flush, or - more likely - two pair. many bad players "auto-read" the preflop raiser for AK, so you should be scared when you get raised here.

and as far as the whole "eh, well there are other players padding this pot" argument, that's bogus too, especially in this hand. there is only one other player to act behind you (MP1), you're most likely behind the river raiser, and MP1 is highly unlikely to call another two bets if you 3-bet here on this board. let him overcall with a weak hand - don't push him out.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:06 PM

i would bet/call that river.
i think we see a rivered 2 pair, flush, or straight more then 50% of the time if they raise us.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just asking: is there a reason you have comparably fewer posts than many others on this board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah, I don't chime in with 1 word replies like a lot of people seem to love to do

[/ QUOTE ]

Good.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:13 PM

Miles is doing you a favor by pointing out that you're evaluation of that particular hand is askew. Since you have a lot of experience under your belt and have posted solidly winning results so far, you're obviously not a fish who's bleeding chips all over the table, but raising/reraising that river is basically indefensible and maniacal.

(FWIW, I bet/call. I don't like the check).

When you have a really big downswing, usually you had something to do with it. Spend some time wading through PT and replaying some hands and ask yourself if your play has *really* been accurate. When I go through a period of gettting cornholed, I normally find that it's a combination of running bad and more-suboptimal-than-normal play on my part.