Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 08-30-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Where are temp internet images stored?

Some images that are displayed in a internet browser can not be saved to the hard drive by right clicking them and selecting save picture as.

Where are these files stored and how do I get a copy of the image to save to my hard drive where I can edit it?

Here is a example I can only get one frame of this animated gif when I try to save it.

In older versions of windows I knew where these temp files were stored and how to get them. I either forgot or they changed the way the internet explorer works since then.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Where are temp internet images stored?

If you right-click save that image, you get the whole animated file. Try opening the saved file in IE (just drag and drop it onto an open browser window). I guess you're opening it in a graphics program that doesn't show aminations?

Your temporary Internet files directory for IE isn't really relevant here, but if you want to know where it is, Tools/Internet Options. On the General tab, there's a button in the central frame labelled Settings - that will bring up a box details size/locations etc of the directory.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:24 AM

Thank you for your help. I tried the things you mentioned. I am still doing something wrong. I will try to explain better as I'm sure I am not making much sense atm.

I want to save the avatar that the first person in this thread has. His name is smoothcriminal. When I right click and save it I only get one image of what looks like an animated gif. But it is a .bmp file also which confuses me further. I look at the properties of this image and follow the link provided to see if this helps. The images are hosted in a way that is blocking me from saving anything more than the first image in the animation.

The image is hosted here.

Thanks for showing me how to find the temp files it is helpful but you are right it does not help me here as I searched them for the image I am after and I can't find it.

I am sure it is a simple thing that I am doing wrong. Give me a kick in the right direction if this sounds familiar to anyone. Thanks so much for taking the time to try and help me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 05:36 AM

Old 08-31-2005, 05:41 AM

Thanks!

Why can't I do it? I would like to learn as I want other similar files. Thanks again !!
Old 08-31-2005, 05:41 AM

I see what you mean, very odd - IE is presumably confused by it not being downloaded with a GIF filename. Firefox right-click saves it fine as a .GIF, IE doesn't... yet another reason to upgrade :-)

Edit - I see you've got it now!
Old 08-31-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see what you mean, very odd - IE is presumably confused by it not being downloaded with a GIF filename. Firefox right-click saves it fine as a .GIF, IE doesn't... yet another reason to upgrade :-)

Edit - I see you've got it now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah time to upgrade I was going crazy trying to figure that out. I'm happy now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Simple things for a simple mind. lol
Old 08-31-2005, 05:56 AM

There is a bug in IE that sometimes only lets you save files as a BMP.

Read more about it here: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;260650

I just used another program to download it that is all.