Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 09:25 PM

Default First deposit on UB question

I am about to make my first deposit on UB so I could play in one of their tournaments tonight. I went to deposit $200, and it said that I was eligible for a bonus. I cancelled the deposit so I could ask the question.

Can I deposit money to get the max bonus, play a few tournaments and hands, and then pull the money off *and* keep the remaining bonus if I want to work it off later? If not, no big deal, just wondering.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: First deposit on UB question

Why don't you join pokershare and take advantage of the bonus and possible "extra" quarterly bonus - it's the same tables. Yes, you can remove the money and still get the bonus.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 09:32 PM

I haven't heard of Pokershare before. Have some info?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard of Pokershare before. Have some info?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a 95-post thread on it at the top of this board...

You should *definitely* consider going through them instead of UB.

Acme
(Long-time UB account holder; ineligible for Pokershare's real benefits.)
Old 08-21-2005, 12:50 AM

I'm new to UB, so i thought I would direct this question to you, since you've been a long-time UB member.

I'm thinking of withdrawing my funds once I clear the initial $200 deposit bonus and generate a fair amount of rakeback. How often does UB offer reload bonuses? Are they like Party/Empire where they offer account specific bonuses if your account has been idle or 0 balance for a while? I'm just wondering because I don't really see the incentive of playing at UB w/o the bonuses because of the very few game selections. Seems like UB is only worth playing during prime hours.

Thanks in advance.

ps. i am not a bonus whore. Very active pp skin and pokerstars player.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of withdrawing my funds once I clear the initial $200 deposit bonus and generate a fair amount of rakeback. How often does UB offer reload bonuses? Are they like Party/Empire where they offer account specific bonuses if your account has been idle or 0 balance for a while? I'm just wondering because I don't really see the incentive of playing at UB w/o the bonuses because of the very few game selections. Seems like UB is only worth playing during prime hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not been playing at UB the last couple of months, but I doubt much has changed. I really like the software and I think the players are weaker than most people here claim.

UB does not have regular reloads...or at least not exactly. They have plenty of reloads each year, but not on a monthly basis. There were no reloads in June or July. But they had 3 in April, 3 in May, and 1 in August so far. As far as I have seen, there are few (if any) account-specific reloads.

Typically, I build up a significant balance in bonus dollars and then go back and play it off in a loooong period. Of course, I have built up $850 bonus bucks now... You can deposit for a bonus, play enough to clear $10-15 and then withdraw and let the bonuses build up. (It used to be that you did not even need to play before the w/d, but now they cancel the bonus if you do this.)

Acme