Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Concept of Chopping Blinds

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the player just sat down and had to sit out until the button passes. Then the villian could be in the small blind when you are on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is how it played out.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You were in the wrong.

You either chop 100% of the time or you play 100% of the time. You don't cherrypick the situation AFTER looking at your cards and seeing that you have KK or 94o.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

when i sit down, the first thing i do is tell the people next to me that i don't chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think this is neccesary and could really only upset people. You probably only have to say this when the situation happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think one advantage to telling your neighbours as soon as you sit down that you never chop, is that it gives them fair warning.

That way when a chopping situation comes up and you call/raise/fold your blind, they'll know that you're adhering to your policy and they won't consider you to be a douchebag like another poster we could mention.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The winning hand ended up being Ten/Deuce of hearts (as the kid proclaims "Thank you Doyle," and kisses his cards). Everyone else flipped over garbage, excpet for the one holding KK who took a hard beat. I was in the BB next hand, and I go "don't even bother, I'm outta here."

[/ QUOTE ]

You were in Poker Heaven and didn't have a clue.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:48 PM

Default So irresponsible...

[ QUOTE ]
I had a situation once where I was the SB and I held KK, it was folded to me and the BB asked If i wanted to chop. I said no and I raised. This really upset the BB who called me a greedy Son of A B*** and he would teach me a lesson.
He 3 bet and I capped.

To make a long story short I flopped 3 K's and he flopped 2 pair. We got into a raisng war and I dragged down a $300 pot.

About an hour later he got a seat change and the same situation came up again and I was dealt something like 94o and I asked if the BB wanted to chop, he said ok and sure enough I was glared at and called a couple of names by the other player who I was in a blind war with earlier.

I"m there to play poker and take people's money, not make friends. If I have a premium hand why would I fold? And on the other hand If i had a garbage hand and could chop why wouldn't I jump at the opportunity not to?

[/ QUOTE ]+EV for that one hand.
-EV for your poker karma.

Let me guess...you have acne?