Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: HU with AK

If you have a decent hand, and it's only 1 bet, you almost always call. You'd have to have a *really* good read on someone to lay down a hand. Remember that there's already money in the pot, so your hand only has to be good a small pct. of the time to make calling correct.

If you have to face two bets, then calling with a decent hand is more problematic. Even here if the pot's big, you're still better off not folding.

Folding incorrectly in a big pot is about the biggest mistake you can make. In this case the pot is small, which limits the magnitude of the error.

Back to your specific situation. HU against anyone except a terrible player, you can't fold a decent hand. Basically plan to take the lead, unless the other guy shows strength, and then call him down. This isn't an optimal strategy, but it's not a bad default.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 41 VP$IP, 7 PFR, .81 AF after 29 hands
Has won 3 pots that I have seen and he has called down with the best hand everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I though since he is a calling station type the turn bet was clear that I was behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only 29 hands' worth of a read. I'm not laying down TPTK and a gutshot draw to that.

[ QUOTE ]
If not he could have one of the 2 flush draws now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Folding for fear that he's on a flush draw is bad news. This shouldn't even be on the radar for reasons to fold.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:26 PM

I'd raise it. This will usually be two spades or a worse ace; at the very least, I'd raise a non-spade, non-broadway riv.

Don't forget his AF isn't even close to converging after 29 hands, and his high vpip means he's more aggressive than your typical 0.81AF. Seeing him call after three hands doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't bet a worse ace here.