Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Value betting Ahigh

[ QUOTE ]
2. I take your point, but if CO is a maniac, do you want to get into a raising war in a smallish pot with A high on the turn? I realize CO didn't act like a maniac in this hand, but that was the read provided. I'm just throwing this scenario out there because it would be something I would consider before betting the turn UI w/ CO still in the hand and yet to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think you're getting into a raising war? And, if you do and it's HU, then it becomes a pot-odds question and you call him down.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:25 PM

I understand the value of a semi-bluff, and I understand the way you would play this hand. That being said, I think we're arguing between running off-tackle and play-action pass on 3rd and 1. Either one is fine, but one is a bit more risky. For instance, say I get it HU w/MP and he calls, cks the turn to me, and c/r with a T. I have to call because of the pot, but I would hate it. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just not the way I choose to play this type of hands at this level.

-Jaran
Old 06-18-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. I take your point, but if CO is a maniac, do you want to get into a raising war in a smallish pot with A high on the turn? I realize CO didn't act like a maniac in this hand, but that was the read provided. I'm just throwing this scenario out there because it would be something I would consider before betting the turn UI w/ CO still in the hand and yet to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think you're getting into a raising war? And, if you do and it's HU, then it becomes a pot-odds question and you call him down.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading your response below, I understand your point about putting pressure on the villains and agree that it's a valid one. Let's say you raise the flop and are called by CO and MP. Pot is 5.5 BB heading into the turn (a brick) and it's checked to you. You bet, CO raises, and MP folds. I can't see Hero reraising this in his right mind. Now, you're paying laying 2:7.5 to see the river. Oh. Hmm....

Which is still solid odds with your flush draw plus likely ace outs. There goes my point. Raise away on the flop.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Results

For those who care:
Both called the river bet. MP showed KJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and btn showed 44, for the lovely 3pr play the board hand, and MHIG. BTW, "idiot" does not equal "maniac" in my notes. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Jaran
Old 06-18-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see Hero reraising this in his right mind. Now, you're paying laying 2:7.5 to see the river. Oh. Hmm....

Which is still solid odds with your flush draw plus likely ace outs. There goes my point. Raise away on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right...no 3-bet on the turn, unless you make your hand. Also, you're getting 8.5:1 calling the 3-bet...the open-bet is already in there. So, you had odds for both the bet and call.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Results

To quote Gollum, "We loooooooves our pocket pairs, don't we preeeescious? Yessssshhhhhh!"