Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 04:12 AM

Default 76s Small Blind

UTG = LAG
UTG+1 is a little loose PF
CO raises a lot, especially in the CO
BB is OK, maybe a little aggro

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="green">I'm getting 6+ or 7-1 preflop. LRRs not common on this table.</font>

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="green">I didn't necessarily intend to raise when I checked, but I saw an opportunity when it came back to me.</font>

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

<font color="green">I guess I should bet here, but I couldn't put him on a hand anymore and I'd hate to have to fold to a raise, so I planned to check-call.</font>
Old 06-12-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: 76s Small Blind

I play it the same until the river but I really don't understand why you didn't bet the river. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same until the river but I really don't understand why you didn't bet the river. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah very silly of me. If I were betting all the way with just an overpair I'd have bet this river, so why the hell didn't I bet a straight? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah very silly of me. If I were betting all the way with just an overpair I'd have bet this river, so why the hell didn't I bet a straight? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Otherwise, I'd say it is a very nice hand.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:47 PM

The pre-flop call seems a little loose, but ok. I don't see why you'd fold to a raise on the river.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:35 PM

For the results, let's turn this hand around:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Villain is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Villain calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Villain calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Villain calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

<font color="green">Can he really think its better to wait for the turn to raise here?</font>

Turn: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Villain checks.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:12 PM

I was just about to say that I can't believe you would consider bet/folding the river. Villain could easily raise you on the river with something like A7 or a set.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just about to say that I can't believe you would consider bet/folding the river. Villain could easily raise you on the river with something like A7 or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true for most guys in this game. Yeah, of course I'd have to make the crying call for 15-1, but for this particular guy, I'd hate it a lot.