Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-10-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: who calls this to try for trips

do you really think people at this level will FOLD ... AA ?
I don't but then again i dont have enough play time at PP yet.

i think the chance of me stacking him with trips is about the same percentage of me not hitting trips (what around 85%)
Old 06-10-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very bad call at .10/.25 NL. You are assuming that he'll put his whole stack in . I call $2 preflop but that is my limit really no matter how deep the stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter how deep the stack? This doesn't make sense. If the stacks are deep you can make this profitable even if you don't get his whole stack when you hit.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very bad call at .10/.25 NL. You are assuming that he'll put his whole stack in . I call $2 preflop but that is my limit really no matter how deep the stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter how deep the stack? This doesn't make sense. If the stacks are deep you can make this profitable even if you don't get his whole stack when you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, to not play mid pairs against a raise of less than 7% the stack or so (or even 10%, with position or a good read), especially when you know that they have a big pair and will pay you off when you hit is a great way to not win a lot of money. (it IS low stakes NL, most players see AA and will put their stack in no matter what comes on the flop)
This particular example toes the line (I tend to fold, as its a full 10% of the stacks and hero doesn't have position)
However, in general, its a very +EV play to play mid pairs with good implied odds, even against a hand you know is better preflop. In fact, I'd argue that hitting a set is one of the most profitable hands in NL ring games, as it is so well hidden, and so strong against TPTK, 2 pair, or even against draws (theres always the board-pairing out)