Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2005, 06:51 PM

Default I hate hands like this. AQo misses the board vs. turn raise

This has happened to me so many times since I've moved to 2/4 in the last week or so. It drives me nuts every time, and I feel like a total fish. I raise with a quality hand, miss the flop, bet the flop, thin the field to one, bet the turn, and inevitably get raised or check raised. Then I feel like a doofus. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyhow, villain just posted, so no read on him. Does anyone play this kind of hand differently? On the turn I figured myself for a likely 7 outs, but maybe I should have discounted that more and folded to the raise?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Superman is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Superman raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Superman bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Superman bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Superman calls.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Superman checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Superman folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Regards,
-Brian