Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Making a correct fold?

0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

I'm wondering if I should have folded here. I'm on a 4 out draw to Nut Straight and 7 bets short of the pot odds to call, 2 people behind me and I'm thinking extra bets (Implied odds)if I make the straight on the turn. Without a 2 flush showing I'm also not as worried about tainted cards. In my mind I'm thinking of the loose flop call mentioned in SSH.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Still on the draw, with the 2-bet there aren't enough but I could argue Implied odds again, decided there was too much strength from others to justify a call.

Is this the correct line of thinking?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Making a correct fold?

I think I woulda folded the flop when I realized I was up agasint 2 pair/set of 5's
Old 01-09-2005, 02:33 AM

Where do you get you are 7 bets short, When you call the cap (3bets) there are 21 bets in the pot so you are getting 7:1 odds to call a 4 outer. I think I fold here when it is three back to me on the flop.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:37 AM

Fold the flop.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:39 AM

You mean fold the second time on the flop, I don't think calling one on the flop is bad here the first time around with the pot size. Unless I know all those checkers are LAG's, but even then, I call one I think.

Vern