Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re-Raising Pre-Flop

There aren't any real examples here or hands to use as demonstrations, but I'd like to get some opinions on this. Assume that the game is a 200NL game, and the original raise is to 10 straight.

What hands do you re-raise with preflop? QQ-AA, only KK-AA, or just AA? Would you even do this with AK if you had position?

If you re-raise with one of these hands, would you re-raise after limping, or would you only consider re-raising a hand that you were yet to be involved in?

What if UTG or UTG+1 made the raise? Does that change your decision to re-raise or call.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Re-Raising Pre-Flop

6-max, I'm re-raising AA-QQ, AK, from any position. Against someone with a wider range of pre-flop raises (such as suited connectors, any PP, any broadways, etc.), I will be re-raising much more with position, such as TT+, AJs+.

I also steal from the blinds alot, ESPECIALLY if it's folded to the Button who raises. From the blinds I am willing to re-raise 77+, suited broadways, etc. For example, folded to Button who raises 4xBB, I will re-raise with something as weak as QTs.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:21 PM

Really. What about full ring rather than 6-max. Does a lot change, in your opinion?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really. What about full ring rather than 6-max. Does a lot change, in your opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'm re-raising with a lot less, without reads. Probably QQ-AA, AK.