Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Continually Posting SB and BB in CO

Its funny, during one of my two 2-5 sessions this summer there was an asian guy doing this. He had like 1500 on a 300 max table also. He was a mega angle shooting weirdo, but for some reason I didnt mind him being there. In one hand though I was first to act and he instantly put out a bet before I acted. He knew this. I told him to keep shooting that angle and I was 'all en nex tim' as that was his favorite phrase. I said it in a silly asian accent also, a couple asian people at the table didnt appreciate that one.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:16 PM

In a 10 handed game players who post in the SB and BB pay $7 to play 10 hands or $.70 per hand.
Players who miss SB and BB and post and surrender from the CO pay $7 to play 8 hands or $.88 per hand.
It's true that they are putting money in the pot from a better postition but they never get the button and I think it's a looser for them.
Most players do it to get a cigarette and not to gain an advantage.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:40 PM

I had a situation come up the other day. I was at a 2/4 game where they had just one $2 blind (no small). So I needed to go check on when we were leaving and I waited till the blind was on me, and sat out to go talk to my ride. Came back, missed the button and posted in the CO with my $2 blind. You are still paying more for less hands, but you are paying it in position and the same amount. In that case, I would get kind of nitty if someone did it a lot.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:05 PM

I think you only get seven hands with this strategy.

Another thing to factor in is that there is now 1.5 BB's (versus .75 BB's) in the pot when he posts and he is in much better position. Still -EV in my opinion.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:12 PM

it seems to me that if he is never forced to pay blinds when he is out of position he is at a relative advantage to the rest of the table.

rj
Old 10-07-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen a guy do it at a 10-20 table. He did it a number of times then a few guys at the table started to do the same and told him they will do the same untill he stops it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just change seats so that my UTG was his CO so I could live straddle every time! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]