Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Microbob in need of a sweat (immediately!)

congrats and hope you send us a few news
Old 05-07-2005, 12:19 PM

wish i got to see it. congratulations
Old 05-07-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wish i got to see it. congratulations

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Good work Bob!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:30 PM

Congratulations - Way to go !
Old 05-07-2005, 12:32 PM

looks like i should have stayed up for this one, congrats bob and represent in vegas! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was this the guy you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap. seems likely.

the guy's name on stars was area231JC and I believe his home-town was lsited as SAC.

This guy's name is J.C. and he is from Sacramento.

That's a helluva impressive list of money-finishes on that link. Obviously he's played in several others on top of that.

I wasn't terribly impressed with his play to be honest. There were 2 or 3 other guys at that table that struck me as stronger.

My play against him heads-up was nothing to brag about either and I thought it was approaching 'Battle of the Idiots' proportions at times.

Oh well....that's really interesting that you found that link. How on earth did you find that guy??

When I offered to give him the seat for $3500 I thought it was a reasonable deal still...and might have been willing to settle at $3000. I'm glad I didn't obviously.
I think I had around 3k in chips to his 10k at the time.
I didn't think $2500 was a very good deal.
Remember...this is a package worth $11k+ ($10k seat...$1k cash...PLUS the free hotel stay for wearing their crap).
So I really did think $3500 was reasonable considering there really was an actual chance I could come back (obviously).

I had used most of my time already on a couple of other hands (I think the time-clock carries over from the first round actually) so I really didn't have time to fully analyze it and figure out what the hell I was trying to do with my hand and settle down my nerves and think about the deal all at the same time.

And I wasn't particularly interested in sitting-out either to discuss it and just letting the blinds and antes rise.

Plus...if the sit-out takes place at the wrong-time and then we resume play at the wrong-time it could really work to my disadvantage if I have to play from the BB twice in a row.
And I'm not sure I trusted him enough to not try to steal-away.

As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread...he really was kind of a dick-head.

I'm not the best at making deals....
if anyone has ideas on how bad (or okay) the $2500 deal was that he offered I'd be interested.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:13 PM

holy crap this is a long thread.

thanks for the kind words everyone.

special thanks to awesomeali for taking the initiative and bringing me the magic of the zoo-sweat. you guys were zany as usual.
talking with that guy about his fish (that wasn't a trout) was REALLY freaking hilarious.

lori's comment at the end, "ok cat...put Bob back on the computer now" as well as someone else reminding me that cats aren't allowed to play at the WSOP were pretty funny.

Back to ali for a sec.
She wanted to rustle up some sweat and asked if she should go do it...I told her it was hardly sweat-worthy since I was dead last in chips with 7 players left (I was down to $270 or so at one point...it really WAS a miracle comeback).

When I won a couple hands and then actually took the chip-lead with 6 players left she said 'going to get some sweat...be right back' and I didn't have any time at all to tell her not to (didn't want to get nervous...but that was inevitable anyway).

Next thing I knew there were a zillion 'sup-bro's and 'go Bob!!'s at the table.

Some goofball typed:
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBB
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbb

Of course...our good friend JC kept claiming to be Bob which was kind of funny in itself.

So thanks to Ali for basically getting all that magical sweat even though I kinda didn't want her to (what the hell was i thinking?? like i was really going to pull off that win on my own??)

This thread is obviously reminiscent of one a few months ago.
For those who don't know or remember...in Sept I won the Empire Sunday night tourney for $12.5k. Before that my previous largest tourney win was $215 or so. Anyway...it was a big deal and all the kind words in that one were similar to this thread.

Makes me feel all ooguhlie inside...so thanks zoo. It's very humbling and very nice.

Actually...I think the ooguhlie feeling comes from the post-win celebration. Tylenol is your friend.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:49 PM

Okay, I'll be the first one to say it. I am pissed that you won you fvcking fish. I hope you bust out on the first day in Vegas.

Just kidding. Congrats and good luck
Old 05-07-2005, 04:09 PM

No thanks necessary Bob, I am just glad I was there to see you win the seat and I am now glad that I rustled up some zoo sweat for you as it would be a shame for others not to see you win it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I was in two minds at the time whether to post about it, but you didnt say "NO!" when I mentioned I was off to get some sweat. I am now glad that I did [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck in Vegas, we expect a lengthy trip report when you return (I know I am gonna regret saying that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Ali
Old 05-07-2005, 04:50 PM

thanks. i needed that.