Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: New Poker Stars Bonus

[ QUOTE ]
I am almost afraid of this bonus. Like, I'll probably do it, but will definitely regret it halfway through when I'm stuck for $150 chasing $120 in bonus money. I'm not gonna play 1/2 Limit HE there, no point for me anymore.

Maybe it's time to really learn some Omaha HL split, those pots are often raked. Have had mixed success at that game.

Or maybe the NLHE cash games are better. I hate pokerstars, except for tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with SNG's? Seeing as you get 5 FPPs for every dollar in entry fees, and you clear a bonus dollar for every 5 FPPs, it's like playing them for free.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am almost afraid of this bonus. Like, I'll probably do it, but will definitely regret it halfway through when I'm stuck for $150 chasing $120 in bonus money. I'm not gonna play 1/2 Limit HE there, no point for me anymore.

Maybe it's time to really learn some Omaha HL split, those pots are often raked. Have had mixed success at that game.

Or maybe the NLHE cash games are better. I hate pokerstars, except for tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with SNG's? Seeing as you get 5 FPPs for every dollar in entry fees, and you clear a bonus dollar for every 5 FPPs, it's like playing them for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can clear PS bonuses playing SnGs? Cool, I might give those a shot (although I don't know what I'm going to do with all those chips...)
Old 05-05-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is 1/2 Limit HE at Stars really that bad? What do other people think?
Old 05-05-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you play $5 + $.50 you get 3 FPP
3 FPP clears $.60 in bonus
Sorta like getting paid $.10 to play it.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:38 PM

I'm always afraid to withdraw from Stars, because they spring these bonus offers unexpectantly, and if you pick the wrong time to withdraw you may do it too close to the start of the bonus period to qualify. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 12:39 PM

I checked the link and didnt see this info right off. Do these bonus expire after you made a deposit (like Empire) or are they more like UB where you can take your time at it.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:40 PM

Definitely can do so.

Just for the experience and to avoid the limit HE grind, I played 120 $10+$1 NL HE SNGs to clear a $120 reload bonus a while back.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:41 PM

I don't like it. There will be plenty of people that say it's fine, but not for me. I'm not really even in love with Party's 1/2, it seems like the 1/2 limit at those two sites is essentially a glass ceiling with a lot of decent players without the rolls to move up to 2/4. Try it out and see what you think, I might just suck.

Will try the $5 SNG's, probably with some Omaha HL limit action. Thanks for the tip, whoever it was.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:42 PM

Tightest 1/2 (and 2/4) games this side of Games Grid during a reload bonus.

I usually wait a couple of weeks to clear it and let the bonus whores pass through the pipeline first.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked the link and didnt see this info right off. Do these bonus expire after you made a deposit (like Empire) or are they more like UB where you can take your time at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are just like UB - they DON'T expire

The more you get, the more you can stack. I have 5 boni stacked right now at Stars.

Ali