Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Dear Tommy and Gabe,

That's my point, and I'm assuming a game where my earn is quite high (1 bet/hour) - this is probably reasonable given that these guys would give me more action that I deserve since many have never seen me, and that I'm only playing a good game at these limits. I'm also assuming a SD of about 15 bets/hour, which is higher than my normal SD for the 1/2 type of game, but I think this is also reasonable for the same reason that the game will earn me more than it should. If it's 5 handed, I will probably pass unless there's somebody I recognize that makes the game very worth playing. Otherwise, it's just more gamble than I want to take.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Dear Tommy and Gabe,

Better than the short, aggressive game that you describe. In any live game, if I lose 40 bets, I'm quitting anyway, and if I'm taking a shot, I'm not losing more than 20K, no matter how good the game is. That's just the way I operate.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 300-600 hand VS Mimi Tran

you never really put her on a range of hands here.. just that you folded.

you have to consider what shes betting into three people with right now, obviously shes not concerned with check raises when the big bets come around.. and not only do you have to beat her but you have to beat the other guy whos calling also.. im thinking come all the way or dont come at all here.

she could have an A w/ a weaker kicker, or she could have you dominated. you need to do some more examining and thought before throwing your 3 and 6 bets out there three handed.. at least raise it up on the flop and get rid of the other guy if you can.