Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:00 PM

Default bay101 40-80 3 handed pot with tommy angelo

*note, i have never met tommy angelo before, but i assumed this guy was tommy angelo because what other tommy plays high stakes games at bay101 and everyone refers to as a rock?

**note: i did not converse with tommy and i'm pretty sure he doesn't know who i am.

***note: i forgot the exact cards on the flop and turn, so the texture may be off, which may make this play seem worse or better than it is.

must move 40/80 game last night at bay101.

a loose aggro asian dude who has recently talked about how much he tilts when playing online poker openraises in late position. this means he has two cards he thinks is worth stealing with.

i 3-bet in the sb with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. tommy coldcalls in the bb and this catches my eye immediately. what also catches my eye is that the asian guy is shortstacked and will likely be all in this hand. he calls too.

flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check. tommy checks. asian guy bets. i call. tommy calls.

turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i check. tommy checks. asian guy bets (leaving himself with only two chips left). i raise.

too obvious?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:04 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: bay101 40-80 3 handed pot with tommy angelo

i believe that's his picture

i'd think that you were trying to isolate this guy with some crappy hand here (pocket pair/ace high), but i would need cards to actually respond.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:13 PM

Why didn't you raise the flop? Too obvious? Given that he doesn't know who you are, perhaps it's not....
Old 10-19-2005, 02:17 PM

what do you put tommy on? the only hands that make sense to me are 77, 99 and AQo, i dont think he will fold those hands to an obvious turn play like you made.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you put tommy on? the only hands that make sense to me are 77, 99 and AQo, i dont think he will fold those hands to an obvious turn play like you made.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you are suspicious that CDC is capable of raising light to isolate the all-in, wouldn't you fold AQ here facing two cold?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:44 PM

since tommy called in the bb he has a monster hand. AK minimum. it's okay to just give up on the turn. other guy may have something too. maybe i play too weak though.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe i play too weak though.

[/ QUOTE ]

lie of the year.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:01 PM

This might get a lot of criticism but I think you either bet the flop, check raise the flop or check fold the flop. In that order. Check raising the turn in my opinion is in this situation a panic play with a mediocre hodling at this point.

Vince
Old 10-19-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i check. tommy checks. asian guy bets (leaving himself with only two chips left). i raise.

too obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorta. But if Tommy had a big PP you would've heard about it by now. He probably has AK AQ, and once you knock him out you're probably drawing live against whatever asian guy holds, if anything. I like it.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:26 PM

betting the flop is the worst possible play. How are you gonna get tommy's better hand out if you bet the flop?