Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 05:03 PM

Default deep 1/2 TC hand

tight-passive, predictable postflop player who goes too far with one pair (~$350-400) opens for $12 in ep (std open had been 7 or 8). tricky/aggressive/good player calls in lp, he has the entire table covered twice over. i call in the sb with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i have about 650-700.

flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check, opener bets $25, mp folds, i make it $75.

thoughts to this point?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:31 PM

Default Re: deep 1/2 TC hand

I like....although depends on what EP thinks of you. If smoothcalling here will set off alarm bells for EP, I like raising. If EP won't think much of a call (or won't think at all) then I like just calling as not many cards hurt you on the turn (assuming he has a big PP, cards that hurt you: another 2, or his set card).

The more I think about it the more I like raising even more than you did. If has only AK then you're not getting any money out of him, but if he has a big PP you'll likely get him to push, which you instantly call.

Then again I don't know the villain (I assume this was from Friday's game, not BPC last night) so that might change my thinking as well.

The Doc
Old 11-21-2004, 05:34 PM

Default results?

what did he have?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:36 PM

Default Re: deep 1/2 TC hand

this was from friday's game. i don't think you know the villain, but he played with me a bunch last year and isn't clinically retarded, so that may have something to do with his tendency to go too far with one pair against me.