Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Let\'s talk about Absolute

Aztec Riches, another Prima, offers a 25% $50 bonus that's essentially 100% rakeback. According to Bonuswhores, it also clears pretty quickly at 0.50/1 6 max.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, since I got my Pokershare account closed, I may just keep playing the 2/4 6 max there anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Story? Did I miss something?

Scratch that...found it on the z00.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:30 PM

I just finished clearing my Absolute deposit bonus myself. If you're trying to minimize your stakes, 1/2 is the perfect level. The bonus takes forever to clear at 0.50/1, and 2/4 (6-max at least) can be a little more trouble than it's worth. Any hand except for the fold-arounds will have the min $0.25 rake in 1/2, and the games at that level are very friendly. Full is fine, but 6-max is very profitable. For your $200 bonus, you'd probably have to play 2250 hands, at most. I didn't keep perfectly accurate stats, so I'm not certain of the precise hands played:raked hands ratio, but it's not too high. It's true that with a $100 deposit that you'd be a little underrolled, though.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i did it when it was AP150, and i am still clearing that out - i've played about 400 1/2 6max hands and 600 .50/1 6max hands, and i've cleared $70 of it. so about 45 big bets if you average between the two - about 5 bb/100

both games have been pretty loose passive when i play around 6pm pacific time (9 eastern). i think it matters a bit when you play at absolute. if i play at 10pm pacific, it seemed pretty laggrotaggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cleared both the AP150 and another 150 in about 4k hands of 3/6 short. 5/10 looked rough, I sat for a while and it was like 25/16 the entire time. I was getting 300 hands/hr, playing 3 tables. I also played a 30/20/2.5 game for the first time. It was exciting and fun. But I don't think that that works at Party. It could, but I'm not that good.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2/4 (6-max at least) can be a little more trouble than it's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, the last time I took a shot at 2/4 it was there and I got promptly defeated back down to 1/2. I just thought it was because I suck at poker, but maybe that game's a little tougher than elsewhere.

so, where do you play 2/4?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2/4 (6-max at least) can be a little more trouble than it's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, the last time I took a shot at 2/4 it was there and I got promptly defeated back down to 1/2. I just thought it was because I suck at poker, but maybe that game's a little tougher than elsewhere.

so, where do you play 2/4?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars has the best shorthanded 2/4 game, IMO.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It could, but I'm not that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I choked on my drink when I read this.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get a _________ deal before you sign up.

If you play the 1/2 short games at Absolute the bonuses will pretty much spot you 5bb's per 100 raked hands played.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Also with the 2/4 comment earlier - those are a bit rough. I'm rebuilding my confidence as we speak... er... type. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, but since Redd's only depositing $100 these games are kind of out of the question anyway aren't they[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have misunderstood but he didn't say this was his whole bankroll, just what he was thinking about putting into absolute. I hardly ever deposit my whole roll, just enuf to cover the bonus.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:08 PM

I generally only play Absolute when I'm not clearing anywhere else, which is rarely. Their games and software make me sick most of the time.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:11 PM

You can customize the tables now, if that's a portion of what makes you sick. Look for a link in my bankroll thread, or I dig it up if you really want. They also have been making their software much more stable recently.