Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Denver, CO

I'll be in Denver this weekend for the Pats game.

Any poker out there?

Thanks in advance,
Joe Tall
Old 10-12-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Denver, CO

Blackhawk/Central City is the only legalpoker. $5 max. I am not familiar with the current goings on to specify a room. I would stick to having fun in denver myself. 45 min up the hill for poker that may or may not excite. you. Where are you staying?
Old 10-12-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blackhawk/Central City is the only legalpoker. $5 max. I am not familiar with the current goings on to specify a room. I would stick to having fun in denver myself. 45 min up the hill for poker that may or may not excite. you. Where are you staying?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the Marriotts downtown, my friend works for the chain out there and booked it. First time in the Mile-high, any suggestions? Headed to the Pats game on Sunday!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:38 PM

Like HDPM wrote, there's poker. Mostly 2/5 spread limit and 5/5. $5 max bet here. Omaha is around too if you're into that. A bunch of tourneys too, up $250 buy in.

Blackhawk is the closest to Denver - about a 45 minute drive.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:37 PM

Probably a good hotel location for the game. I have not been to the new mile high, but would sometimes walk to the old one from a parking lot at auraria. Sucks when it snowed on opening day, but not so much on a nice day. Lots of stuff in lower downtown. Some of it comes and goes, and I don't get to Denver a whole lot now. My favorite spot in lower downtown is the Oxford hotel. Cruise Room is the best bar in town. If you are not into drinking it loses some allure. Brown Palace at the other end of downtown is another old historic spot. You can wander around larimer square and find something that interests you. If you want, PM me with food preferences and interests, I amy be of more help if I know what you want to do, although I am not totally up to date on the restaurants in lower downtown. Also depends if you are renting a car.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:54 AM

Anything downtown will be in easy walking distance to the Stadium. Get directions from the hotel. Also, many of the bars in lower Downtown run busses over.

There are a few underground clubs here in town, but I don't know of any of them. Are you arriving on Saturday or Friday??
Old 10-13-2005, 12:20 PM

If you're coming on on Friday, head up to The Gilpin in Black Hawk and play the Psycho 50 tournament with me and Swede123. Juanez, are you working tomorrow night?
Old 10-13-2005, 01:00 PM

If I'm not mistaken, they close down @ 2 a.m.?

This is the strangest thing BTW. Black Hawk is like a little bustling "Mini-Vegas". At 2:20 it is a ghost town. A 4 mile train of headlights and taillights winding down the hill back to civilization.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:27 PM

I recommend leaving no later than 1:30 if you want to get out in a decent time. The Central City Parkway sure helps, though. The Canyon is brutal at peak times.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're coming on on Friday, head up to The Gilpin in Black Hawk and play the Psycho 50 tournament with me and Swede123. Juanez, are you working tomorrow night?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be in town late tonight. I will be with a friend and may be interested in this. Could you PM me your phone number?

Thanks for all your help,
Joe