Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: The new forum: A positive for the online poker playing community.

[ QUOTE ]

Or maybe it's just possible that a respected, well known poster just happens to like the idea of rakeback (and this forum) on its own merits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's possible to like both rakeback and the idea of this forum and yet be annoyed at the cloak-and-dagger [censored] that seems to pervade affiliatedom, and its expression in the prohibition of free discussion here. I also think that soliciting customers while deliberately withholding information from them, as the AEV guys are doing, is at least a little bit shady.

I've been pressing (lightly) for an affiliates/rakeback forum for months. I agree we need somewhere to talk about this stuff, and I'm glad somebody got it off the ground. But in its current form I don't see who it's supposed to be useful to. Why they're willing to pay several thousand dollars a month to sponsor a useless forum confuses me.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that soliciting customers while deliberately withholding information from them, as the AEV guys are doing, is at least a little bit shady.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[ QUOTE ]
But in its current form I don't see who it's supposed to be useful to. Why they're willing to pay several thousand dollars a month to sponsor a useless forum confuses me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be most useful for making affiliateEV money. The reason they're willing to pay that much is for this reason. This forum will not advance rakeback at all for the average player. For this reason I don't think anyone should use affiliateEV's services.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:19 PM

we arent delibrately witholding information. we are attempting to be as hands off as possible. we are going to have rakeback providers advertising on this forum and let them be the conscience of the forum along with you 2p2ers. if you all want to get hung up on the rules we have in place:

1. Do not post affiliate links
2. No spam
3. No libelous comments towards affiliates
4. Do not post affiliate/rakeback percentages

then may i remind you, this is a commercial forum that we paid for. within these confines there is a multitude of advantageous information for any online poker player.

affiliateEV has nothing to do with providing individual players rakeback. it helps affiliates startup businesses. as i have said numerous times in the past 3 days, this is experimental and will be a learning process for us. i dont see any of the other affiliates out there trying to provide a service of this nature.

we have several ideas to run this forum that we havent had the time yet to implement, i think you will all like what we are about to present. we appreciate your trying to bear with us as we acclimate to this new forum.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we arent delibrately witholding information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but practically every post rt1 makes is "I'm not going to reveal that," "we can't tell you that," or "that's private information." Then the rest of you come along and say you're not deliberately witholding? Read your compatriot's posts please.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course he likes rakeback, he's a large affiliate himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps my sarcasm detector needs some tweaking.

It would not be the first time I put my foot in my mouth.

EDIT: I assume you were refering to LC, not Joe Tall. If the later is the case, then no, I am not an affilate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you Joe Tall or Greg J? I won't post the actual website as I'm guessing this is against the rules, but there is a website that is named after Joe Tall that specifically says he offers rakeback and is a 2+2er. How can you say that Joe Tall is not an affiliate?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but practically every post rt1 makes is "I'm not going to reveal that," "we can't tell you that," or "that's private information." Then the rest of you come along and say you're not deliberately witholding? Read your compatriot's posts please.

[/ QUOTE ]

post / pm me some examples. i will try to clarify. do not bother asking me what % i make as an affiliate because i am not going to tell you. that is private information, i would never ask you how much you make / what your paycheck is.

-Ryan
Old 10-04-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

post / pm me some examples. i will try to clarify. do not bother asking me what % i make as an affiliate because i am not going to tell you. that is private information, i would never ask you how much you make / what your paycheck is.

-Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing the percentage you get is completely different from knowing what your paycheck is. Don't use this as a reason again.

The reason you don't want to give the percentage is you don't want other affiliates to be able to list you as an bargaining example.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do not bother asking me what % i make as an affiliate because i am not going to tell you. that is private information, i would never ask you how much you make / what your paycheck is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I'm not trying to set up a business partnership with you. You're a big business trying to partner with a bunch of little businesses, but you refuse to provide specifics of your business model. Why on earth you think anyone would partner with you under those conditions baffles me.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Knowing the percentage you get is completely different from knowing what your paycheck is. Don't use this as a reason again.

The reason you don't want to give the percentage is you don't want other affiliates to be able to list you as an bargaining example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good reason... Do people at your work walk around telling others how much they make?

I was the same way with poker. I did not talk about my bb/100 or how much I make/made. I like to keep my personal and business finances private and certainly do not want them posted on a message board on the internet. why dont you go over to one of the poker forums and ask people what their bb/100 is... certainly you dont contribute anything to this forum.

i will not respond to you again, i have made it very clear where i/we stand on this issue.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good reason... Do people at your work walk around telling others how much they make?

I was the same way with poker. I did not talk about my bb/100 or how much I make/made. I like to keep my personal and business finances private and certainly do not want them posted on a message board on the internet. why dont you go over to one of the poker forums and ask people what their bb/100 is... certainly you dont contribute anything to this forum.

i will not respond to you again, i have made it very clear where i/we stand on this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I state that the paycheck example is bogus and you bring up two more examples of the paycheck example. I echo timprov's concerns. Anyone who does business with you is asking for trouble. The whole rakeback business is just waiting to implode.