Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Borgata this week/weekend

[ QUOTE ]
It wasnt a "donkpost"....the guy was asking how crowded it would be and I just said play at the taj or trop because it wont be nearly as crowded, I was at taj yesterday and it was very manageable whereas the borgata was a fun factory

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no clue what games he wants to play or if he's staying at Borgata and needs to play in order to earn the poker rate on his room or any number of other factors. You just assumed that poker is poker, there are other rooms.

EDIT: Hmm, apparently "he" was "me," so I'll add the fact that the games I want to play won't be going at other rooms because they'll only go at Borgata this weekend. So it was a donkpost.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:23 AM

It seems to me that making a suggestion in this forum, while policed by such a high authority in the poker kingdom, like yourself, is a twoplustwo nono. I should only hope in further posts that I examine all aspects of the OP in order to suggest a more in depth response. I have to reread "Being a Donk for Dummies" so I don't embarrass myself in front of such an astute twoplustwoer as you. Im just gonna go stare in the mirror for a few minutes
Old 09-16-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that making a suggestion in this forum, while policed by such a high authority in the poker kingdom, like yourself, is a twoplustwo nono. I should only hope in further posts that I examine all aspects of the OP in order to suggest a more in depth response. I have to reread "Being a Donk for Dummies" so I don't embarrass myself in front of such an astute twoplustwoer as you. Im just gonna go stare in the mirror for a few minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, just to to the Taj and stay there.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I just got a ride, actually. Are you guys going to stay the night?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The idea was to do a (long) daytrip to AC.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasnt a "donkpost"....the guy was asking how crowded it would be and I just said play at the taj or trop because it wont be nearly as crowded, I was at taj yesterday and it was very manageable whereas the borgata was a fun factory

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly it was....

a donkpost.

But thats ok, 90% + all posts here are donk posts, its the rare few gems that are amazing and worth the time I spend here every week.

PS: Trying to show up on Sunday morn. If you are a friend and get a call at 10AM asking to put me on a list, I hope I don't wake you!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly it was....

a donkpost.

But thats ok, 90% + all posts here are donk posts, its the rare few gems that are amazing and worth the time I spend here every week.

PS: Trying to show up on Sunday morn. If you are a friend and get a call at 10AM asking to put me on a list, I hope I don't wake you!

[/ QUOTE ]
why dont you just call the poker room and put yourself on the list?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why dont you just call the poker room and put yourself on the list?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't allow that anymore, unless you are staying in the hotel. And on a weekend like this, I would assume a bit of "social engineering" won't help.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hold a grudge against the Taj because a dealer yelled at me once. Plus the chips make me feel like I'm gonna get Malaria.

And the Borgata is just nicer to look at anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had two dealers from Borgata yell at me. Last week the three 10/20 games were very tight. One way could tell because only one person left the three games in an hour. If I make it to AC, I will not even bother with Borgata. I don't like the Taj either, but I don't have all day/night to wait around to play.

Especially if you are playing low limits, go somewhere else besides Borgata.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm neutral to the Taj. I just don't particularly care for donkposts like "Play at the Taj" where clearly the games will be very good at Borgata this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so? Last weekend the place was a zoo and the 10/20 games were lousy. Other Borgata regular I played with at the Taj later that night agreed with me.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:03 PM

How bad do you guys think the wait will be for $20/40 tomorrow?