Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Treatise on HU UI ovyrcards on the tyrn and ryver

It seems there's been a good amount of discussion on UI overs lately, and in noticing this I've really tried to gain an introspective into my own UI overcard playing. I'd like to present a 3 hypothetical boards for the same situation and see how everyone reacts to all three of them. They all begin the same way:

You raise A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in EP, in a typical microlimitey game. You get a few cold-callers behind you, and the flop brings some cards that we'll get into later. For the sake of discussing the turn/river play, let's just say you "correctly" continuation-bet the flop. Everyone folds except for one dude who calls you; let's call him Bill.

Now Bill is a very pesky type of player. He's a pretty loose calling station, and will call you down with any semblance of a draw, and occasionally will call with a missed draw on the river to keep the bettor 'honest'. However, Bill's especially annoying in that he generally bets to you HU for whatever reason if you show weakness. He also likes to slowplay monsters. I see a Bill in just about every game I play, and end up in many situations with UI overs against them where I believe I may be hemoragging money.

The three flops that you run into versus Bill are:
1) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

In all three cases, after Bill calls your flop bet the turn comes a complete brick (let's say 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). At this point, there's about 5BB in the pot from the previous action.

I'm interested in everyone's turn and river play for each of the 3 scenarios. Do you continuation-bet the turn again? If so, do you lead the river UI? Do you check-call the turn? Check-fold? Under what circumstances do you show down? In general, what are you turn and river plans for these 3 flops against Bill?
Old 09-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Treatise on HU UI ovyrcards on the tyrn and ryver

1) Bet the turn. I don't lead the river, but I might call if he bets since there is a draw for him to have missed.

2) I object to the setup. I would not bet the flop on this board into multiple opponents.

3) Bet the turn. Check/fold the river. I'm not beating anything he would bet.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:49 PM

Flop 1 I fire again on the turn. There are 2 reasonable draws here and I don't want to give him a free chance to outdraw me. Will he call with any 2 or only with pairs or reasonable draws?

Flop 3 I fire again as well. No reason to assume we are behind here, many players call with any 2 on a paired board assuming it didn't hit you.

Flop 2 I check/fold. I don't even want to put in a flop bet. Is there a worse flop? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Bet the turn. I don't lead the river, but I might call if he bets since there is a draw for him to have missed.

2) I object to the setup. I would not bet the flop on this board into multiple opponents.

3) Bet the turn. Check/fold the river. I'm not beating anything he would bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have what he's having.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will he call with any 2 or only with pairs or reasonable draws?

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd call with any gutshot and probably with an overcard draw to TPNK.