Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 04:35 PM

Default A7, EP, Ugh

Table is a buttload of mouses and a couple of uber calling stations.
MP1 is the former (like 12/7ish).
UTG+1 is the latter (60ish/0ish, will call down with any pair and usually complete air, despite repeated aggression).
MP2 is unknown at this point, but over the past 10 hands I've seen him play he's VPIPed half of them, so he's probably the latter. He may or may not be the 'bet if checked to' type.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero...
Old 09-11-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: A7, EP, Ugh

At a table full of mice, I'm not limping A7s UTG. As fer the turn, I think you can call. You're short 1 BB in implied odds, which I'm sure you can make up if you hit two pair or better. Your outs are very probably all good, and there's a non-zero chance you have the best hand.

Hmmm. I guess you have to be worried about a flush draw from one of the other two clowns (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] doesn't worry me much at all), and if you discount your outs to 4 to compesate, I think this turns into a fold. That seems to steep, though. The most probable hand for any one of them is a weak pair, and they might be on some sort of a straight draw, not just a flush draw.

Oh, crap. It's not the PFR betting the turn. Hmmm. Now I'm thinking raise. You have an opportunity to protect against AK and AQ, and against gutshots.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

At a table full of mice, I'm not limping A7s UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was another guy like UTG+1 to my right that also would have called down to the river if the mouse hadn't pfred. Plus the third guy was shaping up nicely. I don't really mind my limp, but I'd be interested in hearing more opinions on it.

[ QUOTE ]
You have an opportunity to protect against AK and AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

AK and AQ are WB at this point with 3 non-reverse-dominated outs (2 clean with the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s) apiece. I'm not necessarily saying I don't like a raise, though; KQ is still drawing pretty live. The mouse might also be on TT.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:14 PM

Ah, right. You want AQ and AK calling, but you do have an opportunity to fold TT, and you can protect against KQ. There are 12 hands each of AK and AQ, 6 of TT, and 16 of KQ. You can still protect against gutshots from the other guy. I think I'm still thinking raise, but calling is closer than I thought. Thanks for the correction.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:21 PM

i think this is a beautfiul spot on the turn to raise [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

check-behind on the river if called-yes? if 3-bet, fold the river UI. yes..goot plan..very goot.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is a beautfiul spot on the turn to raise [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

check-behind on the river if called-yes? if 3-bet, fold the river UI. yes..goot plan..very goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're actually OOP here, but I did raise:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...

Frick, now what? Check-call, check-fold, bet-call, bet-raise, check-raise, or open fold?
Old 09-11-2005, 11:26 PM

Fold the turn. I think you played the hand fine.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:29 PM

Check/raising the turn seems like a bad plan because we are ou t of position. That said, Check/call the river. You'll likely confuse him into betting weak hands. If you had position I like the turn raise.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:34 PM

I'd like to see how you would plan to check/raise a turn in position.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:36 PM

Worst. Card. Ever.

I think I check, and I'm not cold calling, and I'm not overcalling. No one called that turn with a hand that you now beat, and they're not folding if they called you before.