Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:01 PM

Default WCOOP 6-Max PL hand

Hi everyone,

This hand occured with about 700 players left (222 get paid). I don't like the size of my turn raise. On the river, I think moving in is best; what do you think?

Blinds 75-150 (PL), I (T7000) open UTG for T375 with 44, UTG+1 (14K, solid Vegas player, I think) cold-calls, both blinds tag along.

Flop (T1500): 9 7 4 rainbow (bottom set for me). Check, check, I bet 900, UTG+1 calls, others fold. I've been pretty active pre-flop lately, and haven't been interfered with. I expect this guy to make a move on me soon.

Turn (T3300): Jc, putting 2 clubs out there. I check, Villain bets 1200. I think, check-raise to 3000. He calls.

River (T9300): The Th falls, I move in 2600 more.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: WCOOP 6-Max PL hand

Stick it in on the turn.

I assume this knocked you out, but if not, PM me your sn so I can sweat you.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:24 PM

you played this well.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stick it in on the turn.

I assume this knocked you out, but if not, PM me your sn so I can sweat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, i was knocked out a little while ago and would like to watch you [cero z]. in a non weird way.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Results

Hi,

I was knocked out in this hand. Villain had 88 for the rivered straight. In the hand, I didn't see much in the way of a good draw on the turn, so I felt he had 4 outs (2 pair) or fewer if he was behind (and I felt confident he was). I was hoping I'd get him to come over the top of my small raise, but instead I gave him reasonable odds to his 6-outer against what I'm assuming he thought was an overpair (or bluffing AK, etc.), especially given the 2600 I had left.

Anyway, on the river, I thought, "No way I'm getting away from this, and obviously no better hand will fold, but he probably must call with most worse made hands that he called with on the turn, given that he's now getting about 5:1 and may still feel there's a chance I'm bluffing (or have only one big pair to his 2)."

Still, it has to give you pause when you realize that if you'd played the hand slightly differently (raised to 3800 or so), you would've dragged a big pot and stayed well in contention, no?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Still, it has to give you pause when you realize that if you'd played the hand slightly differently (raised to 3800 or so), you would've dragged a big pot and stayed well in contention, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but villain had six outs on the river. On average, you are better if he calls.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I expect this guy to make a move on me soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why not to lead the turn again, so it's not cheap for him if he's chasing or, give him the chance to raise you off the pot, and then you go all in.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:43 AM

I will always lead out on the turn with a solid bet with bottom set here unless villain is a complete maniac and will bet turn 100% of the time, then ill c/r all in on turn or probe bet/reraise all in.
Once you checked and he bet into you, push em in.
There are flush/4 to a straight draws out on the board now, and you almost certainly have the best hand right now , so you need to protect that.