Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Cool, a playalong!

Fold. If he's thinking he's probably aware of position, and knows that raising trash in EP is going to get him burned way too often. Given that, he probably has a legit hand, a range that you are probably behind.

At least you have position on him.

-K
Old 09-04-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: El floppo

Call. This is much different than him betting into a PFR. He is betting into a PF 3-bettor and will almost always have the hand he is representing.

Brad
Old 09-04-2005, 05:45 PM

Default El turno

Yeah, this is a peel.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero...

This is out of Villain's character. Given his usual level of straightforward aggression, I'd guess I'm either being set up for a c/r by a monster, he's playing a flush draw a little passively (by his standards), or he got scared when two people called his genuine bluff. This is the first time I recall seeing him check the turn after being the last aggressor on the flop.

So do we walk into a check-raise with the nut no-pair, or do we let two players draw with probably 12 collective outs against us and a chance of a flush draw out there?
Old 09-04-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]
Gotta call that. He probably has an A, but not AK with the PF call. (TT, is possible, as are KQs, KJs, QJs - all [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) You need a J to win.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: El turno

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (6.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but BB is still in, and there's no guarantee that we're not drawing. I check behind here.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:51 PM

Probably wiser to check, but I say bet, you're drawing to probably a little more than 4 outs, and you can fold if you're raised and think that you're beat.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably wiser to check, but I say bet, you're drawing to probably a little more than 4 outs, and you can fold if you're raised and think that you're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
If we bet, BB calls, and UTG+1 check/raises, I don't think we can fold. The pot will then be offering us 10.25:1 odds, which will be close. It'd be a clear call if there wasn't a flush draw out there.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you hope to accomplish by betting? What are we ahead of here?

Check behind.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: El turno

Check with outs, el standardo. Now gimme that blank river so we can check/fold!
Old 09-04-2005, 06:42 PM

Default El Rio

I checked with outs, but I don't think it's certain that I'm drawing here.

BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero...

Here's your blank river, Pax. So are we best 1 time in 7 here? Do we fold a better hand from BB one time in 3?