Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 01:51 PM

Default live at the bike, 400-800 with ted forrest

400-800 at the bike.

http://www.thebike.com/live_at_the_bike/index.php
streaming video of live cash games at the bike. takes place at nighttimes.

hole card cam:
ted shows 92o
bus shows KQo
chad shows AA

jerry bus, the owner of the la lakers is in the BB. the game is ridiculous. i means RIDICULOUS. its out of control. there has been a flop every hand for the last 20 hands.

ted forrest raises UTG2, chad brown 3bets from the CO, jerry bus calls in the BB, forrest calls.

flop: K82r
2 checks, chad bets, call call.

turn: 2
bus checks, ted bets, chad raises allin, bus calls, ted 3bets, bus calls.

river:J
bus checks, ted bets, bus calls.

the question i have concerning this hand is this; why did forrest raise it in with this garbage? i understand that maybe its important to be deceptive now and then, and that you need to give action to get action, but in a game where it is simply impossible to steal the blinds with a raise, isnt this just a fish play? are plays like this somewhat common at stakes this high? id like to emphasize that there were few pros at the table. most players were rich fish. the only players at the table were tuan le, toto, forrest, and brown. friedmen joined later, who apparently is a regular there and played well.

be sure to mention if there is an interest in these types of hands from the bike. ill be sure to post the ones i view on a regular basis if there is.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: live at the bike, 400-800 with ted forrest

You said they were seeing a lot of flops, but were they also seeing a lot of rivers? If not, then a player like Forrest who is supposed to be great at reading hands and players might be able to make this work for him as long as he doesn't do it so often that it becomes correct to always call him down with A-hi. You never know though, he might have been on tilt or hadn't played a hand for two hours and got frustrated.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:16 PM

misclick.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:29 PM

That is pretty wild, even for Ted. Who knows what these guys are thinking !?!? Obviously he got lucky. I can only assume that not many hands go to showdown and that naked (calculated?) aggression wins at this level more often than big cards. Nothing groundbreaking but still cool to see.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:35 PM

i dont know, i gotta say that the action was ridiculously wild. people were calling to the river with any piece of the board or any ace.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:52 PM

I also watched this game. Watched for an hour and a half just to be sure I wasn't seeing things. Worst collection of holdem players I've seen in awhile. If this wasn't just stage play then this 20/40 player can beat that game. Oh for the bankroll!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:52 PM

Maybe he was just blowing off steam? Isn't 400/800 small stakes for him?
Old 02-22-2005, 03:57 PM

the guy is a GAMBLER. a true GAMBLER. did you guys watch one of the first season WPT episodes with ted at the final table? it may have been the second season, but they asked him what the craziest bet he ever took in his life... his answer was running a marathon in vegas in something around 105 degree heat. he said the souls of his feet melted off and stuck to his shoe. i think raising 92o utg is quite the norm for this man.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:07 PM

I like the Bike hand TStoneMBD, keep em' coming!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
be sure to mention if there is an interest in these types of hands from the bike. ill be sure to post the ones i view on a regular basis if there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I certainly enjoy reading them, I'm not sure if there is much to be gained from them, strategically speaking. One of the most important factor when discussing a hand is the emotion and logic behind the decisions made by people with known hole cards. We can't possibly know why they are doing what they are doing, which makes it much more difficult to analyze. Practicing our analytical skills based on unknown emotions could be valuable in itself however...

lf