Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Gametime Window

I've accumulated a decent sized Poker Tracker Database and would like to start using the Gametime Window. I know many of you are using GameTime+ and PlayerView, but I have Windows 98 and there are apparently some problems with it so I am reluctant to even install either and make a mess of things.

Poker Tracker itself has an External Gametime Window. I tried launching that and loading players from my database into the window. It worked fine for getting a quick glance at the stats I had on a few of the players.

Here are my questions/comments.

1. Is there anyway to keep those stats updated in real time as I start playing. I use the auto-import feature of PT, but the only way I can get it to update my database is to actually close the table, force the import, and then reopen the table. That's obviously useless because I want to continue playing.

2. What features do PlayerView and GameTime+ give you that the PT GameTime window does not?

3. Anything else?
Old 01-15-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Gametime Window

I thought of one other quesion.

Is there any way to isolate all the fish within the PT database so I don't have to look through a list of thousands of players searching for them?
Old 01-15-2005, 08:38 PM

The PT gametime window is cool since you can just let the thing run. The only time it's a pain is if you're at a table with lots of people coming and going.

You should be able to set the thing to update itself though. I know this works with Party anyway. Set the auto update feature and get it to update every x minutes, from 1 to 60, depending on how frequent you want them.

As far as the fish go, labelling them is the only way as far as I know, and keep everyone in the DB.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com
Old 01-15-2005, 08:44 PM

Thanks. I couldn't find any auto update feature, but I will look again unless you know offhand where to find it.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:21 PM

Launch an external gametime window for each table. Then click on the "preferences" button and select the table you're sitting at from the dropdown list. It'll populate the table and update after every auto-update.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:23 PM

I launched Gametime, but it doesn't even have my table on PP in the drop down list. The only table it has listed is from quite some time ago when I was playing on Absolute Poker. How that got there I have no idea because I never even tried to use the PT gametime feature while playing on Absolute. Something is wrong.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:00 AM

It works off imported hand histories. The list should contain tables from your most recent sessions, and you won't find tables you're sitting at until you import at least one HH from that session. You need to be able to frequently import for it to be worthwhile.

I've never used it with Absolute, and I'm not sure what sort of support PT has for it. Try the PT forum.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:08 AM

You can do a filter to look at only the fish.
GT+ is better than the PT GTW because it over lays onto the sites (i.e. Party Poker's)screen.

Auto import is the second icon (lighting bolt?) on the PokerTracker toolbar.