Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Micro cross-post: KK on unfriendly flop

[ QUOTE ]
Do you keep up the turn aggression UI if called in multiple spots?

My big problem with these type of hands is that I typically bet, get called, tell myself there's plenty of draws they could have, and beat my brains out against an ace until showdown. While we often have the best hand, it seems the times that we don't get quite expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time NOT betting the turn on a board like this if you are only called on the flop because there are so many hands that could be calling you that you have beat. It really is a tough spot, but I think I would bet the turn if like 2 come along, then check/call the river and pray for a bluff on a missed draw. Although this river play depends on reads too.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you keep up the turn aggression UI if called in multiple spots?

My big problem with these type of hands is that I typically bet, get called, tell myself there's plenty of draws they could have, and beat my brains out against an ace until showdown. While we often have the best hand, it seems the times that we don't get quite expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time NOT betting the turn on a board like this if you are only called on the flop because there are so many hands that could be calling you that you have beat. It really is a tough spot, but I think I would bet the turn if like 2 come along, then check/call the river and pray for a bluff on a missed draw. Although this river play depends on reads too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice isn't very helpful without knowing exactly what card comes on the turn. The board is 2 suited, 9 puts 4 to a straight, a pair could give any broadway holding trips.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also if you get RAISED on this flop, you can pretty much put your opponent on two pair ONLY. KQ is not as likely since you hold 2 kings, and there was no 3 bet so a set is also unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why does having KK eliminate the possibility of KQ from your hand read? There is still 2 kings and 4 queens leaving 8 combinations of KQ possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ is not as likely

[/ QUOTE ]
Read his first sentence.

Also if you get RAISED on this flop, you can pretty much put your opponent on two pair ONLY.

So we don't get raised by KQ, Ax, ever?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also if you get RAISED on this flop, you can pretty much put your opponent on two pair ONLY. KQ is not as likely since you hold 2 kings, and there was no 3 bet so a set is also unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why does having KK eliminate the possibility of KQ from your hand read? There is still 2 kings and 4 queens leaving 8 combinations of KQ possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ is not as likely

[/ QUOTE ]
Read his first sentence.

Also if you get RAISED on this flop, you can pretty much put your opponent on two pair ONLY.

So we don't get raised by KQ, Ax, ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yeah I didnt reread the first sentence. "ever" is definately incorrect, but if you get raised you are definatly behind at the very LEAST 2 pair.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:50 PM

Against loose passive opponents, UTG, MP3, and CO could be calling with any number of ace littles that mean your simply up against a higher pair. I dont see how we can assume a raise means two pair. In any case I would bet/fold the flop and bet/fold the turn if an innocent card came, followed by a check/call river depending on how the river betting went.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:05 PM

Bet the flop. Call one raise but not two. Check-fold turn unimproved if raised on flop.

If no flop raise, I'm comfortable checking the turn in the majority of situations. Seems like a pretty clear "check the turn" with outs situation, though a lot is going to depend on the number of players left, field size, etc. It's quite possible if we bet and get raised we'd have to call, which is frustrating. Since we're not vulnerable to overcards, and we have two Ks in our hands to block that gutshot, checking the turn and allowing a free card is really not bad at all for us. Often when that happens we'll be pleased because we are drawing.