Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 02:57 AM

Default UB on Fox Sports Net

Just finished watching the first 45 minutes and I can't watch anymore....just horrible poker being played by people who can't play without the computer telling them to post blinds and not fold when its their BB. There was one jem tho...after a guy got sucked out on instead of just a good game from the guy on his left he got a "we'll drink heavily after." I'll be using that from now on. Brilliant.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: UB on Fox Sports Net

Just turned this on - what is this crap anyways?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:24 AM

I watched 15 minutes...horrible.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:33 AM

Seriously, I switched to it and was like wow poker i love poker. Then after a few hands I decided that the show really sucked and that the players really sucked
Old 06-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Yeah, the production value is bad, a lot of bad plays are made (fun fact, if you watch some of the qualifies something like 10% of the approx 4K field is eliminated in the fist 3-6 hands, about every time). The announcers do a bad job of calling the action, confusing peoples cards, odds, bets, ect. On of my favorites is that the author of Killer Poker and "Rocks and Rings" favorite John Vorhaus claims that a player who folds a big overbet of the pot from a made straight with and an inside straight and flush draw with one card to come "May have actully had the best had, if you crunch the numbers, but he just didn't feel like getting involved that earily." Yeah, well, more like 10 outs away from the best hand anyway... :-) I'm starting to feel lucky that I havn't yet picked up any of the Killer Poker series.

But then again, the games are played the same day as they show them on TV, right? so what can you expect? I half wonder if UB bought the time on Fox sports infomercial style to advertise the site :-)
Old 06-26-2005, 04:23 PM

I played in one of these debacle tv qualifiers (I was bored..lay off)..

I busted out when my Pocket Rockets lost to 6-10. This person CALLED a preflop bet of 8X BB...(why not? they were suited)....flop came 7-8-9

No bad beat police needed.....My point is that in an hour and a half, I finished 839th out of 4100..

I imagine the only way to make it into the top 10 of these freerolls is luck and some more dumb luck.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:32 PM

I won a freeroll into the 4k field tomorrow where only top 3 qualify lol. The freeroll was really fun, callede people's 8X BB raise with complete trash, and busted them!

There was 2500 people in the freeroll, top 10 advanced. With 30 people left, I had everyone outchipped by a lot. Then I just started going all in every hand, and people still called me! Despite the big stacks being almost guaranteed to qualify, they still called my 6 2 offsuit all ins with KK, AK, AA, QQ. Needless to say I won about 90% of those hands. With 11 people left
Me: 1.5 million
2nd place: 100k

Sorry for rambling, but I had more fun in this freeroll than I did when I won that 30 dollar-1500-people juggernut on party.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:44 PM

Horrible show, but cutting Phil Helmuth off mid sentence during the poker pro tip and putting a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen saying something like "these tips are for entrainment only and should not be used" was really funny.