Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 11:16 PM

Default river action

What's your plan and why?

UTG is your 17/13 and seems solid player, Aggressino is 2.77/2.89/2.02 over 2k hands.

no reads on CO.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ...

Final Pot: 20.75 BB
Old 10-29-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: river action

don't check!

i can't see utg bet/3 betting here w/ AK
Old 10-29-2005, 01:42 AM

Checkraise.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:18 AM

what will you do if 3betted?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:00 AM

I would think getting 2 bets in on this river is best. I would bet-call.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:50 PM

Its threeway to the flop (its says 4 players). You are a tight aggressive player, right? You'd correctly bet AK in this big pot on the QJX flop? What hand of yours caps a solid UTG raiser preflop from the BB and checks when the flop has a Q and a J in it? I suppose its possible you have AK on the flop, but it just looks like a slowplay to me. Just bet the flop.

What a strange hand. Your turn donk/three-bet should really scare him. You really do look like AK on the turn! You were limp on the flop and go nuts when broadway gets there. Yet he doesn't care. Sheesh. Does he have AK despite his flop action? After all, there are 16 combos of AK left and only 6 for JJ and TT.

Check-raising is too risky on the river, IMO. You'd have to call a three-bet. I would just bet and call a raise given that he doesn't look like AK on the flop, but his cap on the turn is a bit alarming.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
What a strange hand. Your turn donk/three-bet should really scare him. You really do look like AK on the turn! You were limp on the flop and go nuts when broadway gets there. Yet he doesn't care. Sheesh. Does he have AK despite his flop action? After all, there are 16 combos of AK left and only 6 for JJ and TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought after he capped me on the turn. Despite knowing that I'm representing the nuts and my line very well looks like it the villain was not afraid to capp me on the turn.

So he was either looking for free showdown or was capping to fill up and was going to fold to a river bet, or he played AK extremly strange.

Anyhow I check/called the river after much thought, since I figured JJ/TT might possibly not call another bet and definently won't raise, while they would not miss a value bet.

Villain showed AKo.

but like the other posters mentioned I thought I had to put two bets on this river given villain's flop line, but the more I thought about it the check looked okay.