Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Using stats to define players

What numbers are considered very passive, passive, aggressive, super aggressive for post flop aggression? I would guess under 1, 1-2, 2-3.5, 3.5+, but I´m really not sure.

Also, I have heard that the numbers change depending on someones VPIP, such that if someone is super loose, a 1.2 postflop agression might make them a pretty agressive player.

Lastly, after what number of hands do you begin to trust VPIP, PRF, and agression levels? After 20 I would imagine that you have a vague idea (although the read could potentially be way off). After 50 I would trust the read to a decent level of confidence.

What other stats do you use fairly often to know about your opponent? FRB? WSD?

Anyone care to share their opinions on the matter?

Thanks,
Spicymoose
Old 10-05-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Using stats to define players

20s not enough. I've seen TAGS turn into LAGs and so forth, weak tights turn into LAGTAGs, you get the point.

I like 80 hands before I consider it a true read, although if a guys 10/2/1.0 after 40 hands, or 80/10/.3, I think its safe to bunch them in the obvious categories.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Using stats to define players

50 hands will give you some idea on the pre-flop numbers (although I have seen some remarkable divergence over 100 hands, so...) The post-flop numbers, though are quite slow to converge, more so for tight players. If you have a VPIP in the 20s, then over 100 hands you may have only had a a couple dozen non-check, non-fold plays to base your stats on. The stats could be anything.