Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 04:50 AM

Default betting or not betting?

no reads but no one is very agg.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Should I bet here?

River: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Good/bad?

River: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Check?

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 10-05-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Re: betting or not betting?

Hand1: Definately bet the turn here. You have fold equity and thats a pretty crappy board. I think you take it down on the turn a huge % of the time here + you may have the best hand and the possiblility to check behind on the river UI if CO folds.

Hand2: Tough w/out reads. Id be tempted to just fold the turn. No point leading the river, he wont be folding anything you are beating. Raising the turn may be a play, you may get him to fold an 8 or maybe 66/77. I suck in these spots.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:36 AM

Hand 1: I like the bet on the turn, because its likely all your pair outs are good. We'll probably get position too, enabling us to check through A high.

Hand 2: Fold, the pot is tiny tiny tiny.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:44 AM

I think I bet the turn in hand 1. Board is decently coordinated, meaning a lot of draws could be out there.

No point in betting the river in hand 2. Might as well hope you are ahead and let him bluff.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:35 AM

I do think a bet is good in hand one.

Hand 2, I tend to bet the turn here. Could be wrong though. The thing is, if you think your 5's are good enough to call with, you should be betting here. If you don't bet, I think you should c/f. What do others think about this?

WiteKnite