Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 11:19 AM

Default High Volume Players - What value do you want for your play?

I'm sure probably most of you now have seen my O Doyle's Army post about trying to get the poker sites to negotiate for a block of play from high volume players in exchange for WSOP packages.

Something Clever posted he would like to see PokerStars implement a rakeback plan for their high volume players. This thread got quite a bit of interest.

In my thread Jason Holdem indicated he would prefer a lower cash bonus option for his play instead of a WSOP package.

All this got me thinking. We should all be on the same "team".

What of value do you want for your high volume play?

When I am talking to the poker sites it might just be possible for them to offer us more than one option to help meet the needs or wants of each individual high volume player.

So, once again, I think we as high volume players can agree on this point - We all want something of value for our play. For this reason alone, I would ask you to support an "Army of High Volume Players".

You can post here what value you would like in exchange for your play, but I would also ask you to go back to my original O Doyle's Army post and express your interest and support for it along with what type of value you would prefer.

I would ask you to be reasonable and realistic in what you are asking for. And naturally every single player's request could never be met. However, because we would be able to bring such a large volume of play to a site they might become more flexible and be willing to offer 2 or 3 options for us to take our business there.

For example, I know this may seem a little a crazy, but maybe a car could be an option. Seems far fetched? I don't know, Empire sent me a watch and a TV set.

My main point here once again is that there is strength in numbers. There has been well over 100 players who have expressed an interest, and if this can balloon to several hundred or even one thousand high volume players, what would their play be worth to a poker site?

So please go to my original "Army" post and express your interest. Thank you.

Original Post
Old 07-28-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: High Volume Players - What value do you want for your play?

We all have differing tastes and desires. Cash allows us to do what we want.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:31 AM

O'Doyle, this is an easy question. It isn't about WSOP entries or anything else. It is about 30% rakeback. Period.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:33 AM

Asking for a realistic "prize" for high-volumn play, I would like to see 40% of my own rake going into a fund where I can claim buy-ins for WPT and WSOP tournaments. I have all year to achieve a "minimum" prize, and can simply click on a "purchase" button to redeem it.

With this in mind, the site handles the money, handles the purchase of my buy-in, and sends me a confirmation number so I can go to the tournament and get in. I wear the special polo shirt/hat chosen to represent this group.

Prizes with and without lodging should be available.

If I play $5/$10 and the average rake is $2, then my rake will be somewhere around 20 cents per hand, so 8 cents could go to my "prize fund." After 1000 hours of table time (at 60 hands per hour) I should have $4000 saved. If I multi-table, then 1000 hours of 3-table play gets me to the ME of the WSOP, with lodging paid-for.

It would be great if I could get buy-ins for the $1500 events and up, also.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 11:42 AM

A couple questions.

How are you going to negotiate a deal for all these high-volume players when most of them already have accounts at the desirable sites? What if their existing account(s) is linked to an affiliate and the site is already paying 30% of that players rake?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:43 AM

Sliding rakeback %. The more I play the more I want back.

Nigel
Old 07-28-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Asking for a realistic "prize" for high-volumn play, I would like to see 40% of my own rake going into a fund where I can claim buy-ins for WPT and WSOP tournaments. I have all year to achieve a "minimum" prize, and can simply click on a "purchase" button to redeem it.

With this in mind, the site handles the money, handles the purchase of my buy-in, and sends me a confirmation number so I can go to the tournament and get in. I wear the special polo shirt/hat chosen to represent this group.

Prizes with and without lodging should be available.

If I play $5/$10 and the average rake is $2, then my rake will be somewhere around 20 cents per hand, so 8 cents could go to my "prize fund." After 1000 hours of table time (at 60 hands per hour) I should have $4000 saved. If I multi-table, then 1000 hours of 3-table play gets me to the ME of the WSOP, with lodging paid-for.

It would be great if I could get buy-ins for the $1500 events and up, also.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dog,

I think this is an excellent idea.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:47 AM

If you want 40% rakeback, go play at PokerRoom, thats already offered.

High volume players should be looking for something in a much higher.

I think a tiered system would be best, with the highest volume players earning in the 70-80% rakeback range...
Old 07-28-2005, 11:47 AM

I was actually about to say something similar to dogmeat. Since we are looking for something mutually benifitial, a rakeback fund is a pretty good idea. If a percent of our rake went into an acount (I guess similar to the W$ at Stars, for lack of better example) that can be redeamed for entries into majot events, I think that could work for both sides.

If this is a group things, the loss of the 30% rake given back to each player could be gained back by the pokerroom by the other high volume players 70% as well as exposure by an influx of players wearing their stuff at tournys all over the place.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM

New skin.