Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Some strange sh*t, what do I make of it? *warning, long*

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like this girl is involved and incompetent, or has a psycho following her around. And don't rule out that she already knew where your place was - she had your phone number and could have just feigned ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had my same phone number for 3 years, its a cell and its the only number I have, Its not connected to where I live. I checked some seach engines online just now, and nothing comes up with it.

to answer some other Qs, I'm 95% sure my dog would have barked, she goes apeshit whenever she hears anything outside, like the side gate being opened, or when someone knocks on the door. She has also barked everytime someone strange (to her) has been in the backyard (landlord, lawn care people, etc).

Im actually suprised she found my garage door opener, cuz it wasnt in an obvious spot, I am really suprised tho she didnt spend the entire night, I think that would have been a smarter play, sneak down later and put everything back to normal. but like someone said, maybe she was just worried id notice the remote was gone, and id suspect her. who knows tho, maybe she has a drug dealing BF that gets home at 4am and she had to get back.

I gave her all the information, because I didnt want to try and set her up. Who knows if shes coming back, or shes got some total drug addled thug types coming back. I have to live here, and I care much more about not getting boken into, than laying awake at night trying to catch someone in the act. I also am going to be out of town for 2 weeks and didnt want to come back to see my place emptied out. So I decided to make the play that makes it least likely she or someone she knows comes back to rob me. She now knows that the remote doesnt work, she thinks I have an alarm system, and she thinks im not going out of town.

I'm done with this chick to, so shes not gunna be over here again to get another crack at scoping anything out. Since she obviously used me, I might decide to use her, string her along and eff her at her place a few times. But I prolly won't, it's not worth it, and she obviously isnt the same person anymore, so who knows what would happen.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im actually suprised she found my garage door opener, cuz it wasnt in an obvious spot, I am really suprised tho she didnt spend the entire night, I think that would have been a smarter play, sneak down later and put everything back to normal. but like someone said, maybe she was just worried id notice the remote was gone, and id suspect her. who knows tho, maybe she has a drug dealing BF that gets home at 4am and she had to get back.

[/ QUOTE ]Or maybe it was the alchohol. You really dodged a bullet. All she had to do was go back down to the "bathroom" at some point later in the night, close everything, and you would have been owned.

Where do you hide your garage opener?
Old 04-28-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not really hidden, its just in a really wierd place. Its on a shelf that holds all my bicycle stuff (shoes, helmet, etc), so that when I leave to go for a ride, I can close the garage near where the door actually is, cuz the only garage door button is right next to the door leading into the house. When I come back, I just let myself in through the house with my key.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And don't rule out that she already knew where your place was - she had your phone number

[/ QUOTE ]

Try your phone number here:

http://www.daplus.us/PhoneSearch.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]

This works in Google, too -- just type in the phone number.

-d
Old 04-28-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And don't rule out that she already knew where your place was - she had your phone number

[/ QUOTE ]

Try your phone number here:

http://www.daplus.us/PhoneSearch.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]

This works in Google, too -- just type in the phone number.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll bet that I could find your address if I knew your full name. Try here.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:20 PM

this thread makes me not want to return my ex gf's call
Old 04-28-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not really hidden, its just in a really wierd place. Its on a shelf that holds all my bicycle stuff (shoes, helmet, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this should make things easier next time.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm done with this chick to, so shes not gunna be over here again to get another crack at scoping anything out. Since she obviously used me, I might decide to use her, string her along and eff her at her place a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not do this! If she's not working alone, this is just asking to be ambushed and rolled. If you have to hit it again, make it a hotel or some other neutral site (and make it spontaneous so she can't make any plans). You're bang on about never taking her to your place again she could easily be setting you up for a home invasion. If anything, you really should decide ahead of time on a course of action if she shows up at your door unexpectedly! (ie: You're on your way out, friends are coming over, etc...)

I think it's very, very likely she's not working alone. Presumably she wasn't doing burglaries two years ago or she would have tried to take you then. So something's changed since then and it'd be pretty unusual for someone to suddenly, spontaneously start start pulling crimes like this on their own. Far more likely someone got her into it, and likely that boyfriend she supposedly broke up with. So you really should keep in mind you have no idea about this guy and at best he's willing to pimp out his girlfriend to make a b&e job easier, at worst he gets off on having her sleep with some guy and then ripping him off. They may well decide they've put enough time into this that they should give your place a try anyway, or she may decide you have enough good stuff to give it a shot...

If she was intending to rip you off by herself she's going to have a lot harder time cleaning you out than if she's got help. Nope, the whole things smells of some semblance of planning and not a spur of the moment thing, she absolutely knew going in what she was going to do. In fact, she's probably IS going through her phone book and setting up old boyfriends, working her way down the list - How do you know her? Do you have mutual friends? If so, you should ask around and see if anyone else has been ripped off. I can guarantee you this wasn't her first time.

As someone mentioned, she was looking for a spare set of keys - It's not unusual for someone to keep a spare set of house keys in the garage, particularly if the door between the house and garage locks automatically so they're prone to locking themselves out. You should probably assume she's managed to get a hold of a set of keys, either in the garage or main part of the house and have your locks changed. Even if you don't remember having a spare set, you may have left one in a drawer somewhere. Better to be safe than sorry.

As far as leaving the mess, or wanting to go home early, neither is unusual. Under stress, people do best when they rely on habit. That's why the army runs drill after drill, that's hy atheletes practice, practice, practice. If she's an experienced burglar then she would go with her routine which is to not care about making a mess while searching for goodies (this is also more efficient, since if you run out of time or are disturbed you still get the maximum amount of searching done, wheras if you tidy as you go it only slows you down). She may have intended to straighten up after she was finished but might have been interrupted (ie: the dog, or she might have thought she heard you coming downstairs). At any rate, it wouldn't be a huge priority since if nothing's missing most people won't bother calling the cops and even if you do, she's unlikely to be a suspect (hiding in plain sight).

She wanted to go home early because she'd already gotten what she'd come for and probably couldn't sleep because of the rush, particularly if she had intended to straighten up to avoid detection. If there is a boyfriend in the background then she would also want to get back to him and tell him that she'd scored (and that he's way better than you...)

You should call the burglary division (nevermind patrol cops) of your local PD and set up a meeting with a detective. Unless they're completely incompetant they'll be very interested, just lay the whole thing out. They may well be looking at a string of burglaries...

Do you have anyone who can house sit while your out of town? Or at least drop by regularly? If not, then how about your neighbours, can you get someone to keep an eye out?
Old 04-28-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Important new info

Why not a bluff to try to get her to admit something?

Try "the cops called me back today and said they suspect you were involved but didn't want to say anything at the time, [or the found some fingerprints or something]."

Then you can come with "I will vouch for you but you have to let me know if you were at all involved. I need to know whether I need to lie to the cops or not so I can get my story straight. I think I can get them off your back but you have to be straight with me."

KJS
Old 04-28-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Important new info

IMHO, a terrible idea.

If she's involved, she's extremely unlikely to admit anything and even if she does, except for his own "piece of mind", what good does it do? It's his word against hers. Why would she believe he'd cover for her after she just tried to rob him?

And right now, she has no idea he suspects her. This completely tips his hand and he looses all advantage. Hell, for all he knows she does have a boyfriend, the boyfriend freaks out at the thought of getting busted and comes for a visit carrying Mr. Louisville Slugger or Mr Smith and Mr Wesson.

Finally, on the remote chance that she's completely innocent, he's essentially accusing her and she's likely to be seriously offended.

If he's really interested in taking her down, he absolutely should only do it with the cops if they're up for a sting.

Otherwise, he should just stay the hell away from her and beef up his home security just in case she/they try to make a run at his house anyway.