Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Please look at my 50K stats. I must totally suck.

God this is depressing. I don’t know if this is in the right forum; I’m not sure if I even really care. I’ve played a buttload of hands this year. At least a quarter million. Figured it was time to get PT. I got PT sept. 1st and these are my stats for 50K.
(I play full ring limit 2-5 tables and these stats are mostly from $1/2)

VP$IP – 13.89%
VP$small blind – 25.10%
Folds SB to steal – 89.94%
Folded BB to steal – 75.41%
ATT to steal blinds – 14.26%
W$WSF – 30.28%
Went to SD – 31.91%
Won$@SD – 53.47%
PFR – 5.05%
SD/100 – 13.4287

BB/100 -- negative 0.57

I do not have much relevant stats before that but I was consistently winning at nanos (w/o bonuses, rakebacks etc). Built my way up from a $40 BR to about 3K. I don’t really know what to do here. I don’t think that my rockish preflop tendencies account enough for this dramatically poor BB/100. When I think of weak-tight I often think of a strong player who’s earn rate is low but not negative. Like I said, I’ve played a lot of hands, I can recognize that I’m running cold, but this is ridiculous.

I know you guys are probably going to mention stuff like posting hands and hitting the books. I just don’t think that the leak is there. One of the gifts I was given in life is an ability to absorb massive amounts of material from books. My recall memory and mathematics are nothing short of astonishing. You can not become an MD in today’s society without being pretty smart. There’s a huge difference between reading and knowing books and believe you me I know them.

At the same time, I must suck. I know BB/100 is the number we can do nothing about, but 50K should be enough to tell you something. It is telling me I suck. At this point I’d be happy with a break even earn rate since I’ve learned so much about bonuses and rakeback in the past 2 months that I’d be okay with that.

This game has completely broken my heart. There must be something else going on here. Please help.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Please look at my 50K stats. I must totally suck.

you're way too tight, passive and predictable. you hardly ever attempt to steal blinds.

you fold your blinds much too often. 75% folding your BB is way too high. TAGs probably sit to your right and steal your blinds all the time. you are the ideal player i want to sit next to at a table (well, have at my left i mean).
Old 11-01-2005, 02:42 PM

A few quick comments....

1. You play way too few hands - VPIP of 18% would be much better, you are giving up many +EV situations. Try the SSHE starting hand chart.

2. You need to raise a whole lot more. Again check the SSHE starting hands chart.

3. Your SB play seems very loose given the tightness of your other stats. I think that this may be from calling XXs in an unraised pot. I think that this is bad advice if there are fewer than 3 people already in the pot.

Just a few thoughts,

Margon
Old 11-01-2005, 02:45 PM

you don't understand position

5tabling is a good way to just go through the motions and not learn anything
Old 11-01-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're way too tight, passive and predictable. you hardly ever attempt to steal blinds.

you fold your blinds much too often. 75% folding your BB is way too high. TAGs probably sit to your right and steal your blinds all the time. you are the ideal player i want to sit next to at a table (well, have at my left i mean).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Stop Check/raise-bluffing the river with 3 high.
I'm kidding.

Play 50 million more hands then come back.
Again I kid.

All I see really is that you ARE folding too often to a steal in the BB. 75% seems way too high. You're getting 3.5-to-1 to see 3 cards. "Do it. Do it."
Old 11-01-2005, 02:57 PM

You are what we call a "rock". I don't know what your aggression factor is, but it looks like you are passive (because aggressive rocks usually break even). Thinking players will look to stay out of your way and respect your raises. You play very few hands. You are 13% an what should be around 17-20%. Once you start playing more hands, you will have to start raising a lot more as well. You should also try to steal blinds a lot more. Nano limits are a looot easier to beat, since the quility of your opponents is of course much worse than 1/2 but there is not any rake either. Rake is killing your winrate when you move up limits. Maybe you do need to read books and start posting and replying to hands. If anyone with VP$IP 13% and a PFR of 5 could beat the game, Poker would be really easy.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you guys are probably going to mention stuff like posting hands and hitting the books. I just don’t think that the leak is there. One of the gifts I was given in life is an ability to absorb massive amounts of material from books. My recall memory and mathematics are nothing short of astonishing. You can not become an MD in today’s society without being pretty smart. There’s a huge difference between reading and knowing books and believe you me I know them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, I think I found the problem...
Old 11-01-2005, 03:06 PM

No, the "leak: is that you're missing out way too many profitable positions. That's a leak that can be fixed by posting hands and reading books.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, the "leak: is that you're missing out way too many profitable positions. That's a leak that can be fixed by posting hands and reading books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which shouldn't be a problem since:

[ QUOTE ]
One of the gifts I was given in life is an ability to absorb massive amounts of material from books.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My recall memory and mathematics are nothing short of astonishing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to brag of course.