Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 06:49 PM

Default The Valuebet

Playing one table at the moment and having a pretty good grip on the game. I've been playing tight, played 3-4 hands in 20 minutes so my image is harrington-tight.

The game is 5-handed and I pick up T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG and raise, everybody folds to BB who calls. Now i've seen BB trying to pull off a river checkraise with AA that failed in the beginning of the session. He also checkraised me on a flop where he limped in the sb, I raised with K9o and the flop came J34 with 2 hearts. I peeled and folded turn.

Flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I get checkraised and call.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He bets and I call.

River 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He checks, Now i'm pretty certain he either missed his draw or wants to checkraise with a King. And there's a remote possibility of an 8 or a better T. And i'm confused, I can probably just bet and fold to a raise here? Yeah I think that is the best way to play it here. Thoughts?
Old 08-19-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: The Valuebet

[ QUOTE ]

Now i'm pretty certain he either missed his draw or wants to checkraise with a King. And there's a remote possibility of an 8 or a better T. And i'm confused, I can probably just bet and fold to a raise here? Yeah I think that is the best way to play it here. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a busted draw or a K or a better T why would you want to bet?

He's a tricky player, betting out in order to get some extremely narrow shred of value and then folding to what could possibly be a move is not a good idea.

Take the free showdown.

Also, raise the turn.

/mc
Old 08-19-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: The Valuebet

I would usually bet here too, but aginst this opponent who is tricky and against whom I don't feel comfortable folding to a c/r, just check.