Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Seriously?

Even if he is behind, a raise is here much better than a call. Calling is almost never right - especially with top pair. Could he be behind? Of course! But how is he going to know that if he doesn't raise? A raise on the flop will give him some respect on the turn. Honestly, I feel that folding is a much better option than calling. I think calling is too passive and will ultimately result in spewing your money all over the place.

Ajax
Old 10-25-2004, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys really think his hand is strong enough to raise on the flop? He won't knock anyone out unless BB 3-bets, and that isnt exactley a good thing. What do you really find out by raising and having everyone call? His kicker isnt even playing on that board, so he is chopping with any worse ace and losing to any better. There are a lot of unfavorable draws. I also wouldnt be suprised if the blind made two pair with the flop. Calling the flop is a must with your backdoor flush, but that turn totally killed your hand. Even if I'm wrong on this hand (considering many posts are from people who make mistakes, ie you would have won had you called), I still like this line.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of those raise or fold situations. Like everyone else said, he could be behind and drawing to 3 outs or he could be ahead. He just doesn't know and calling is one way to waste some bets on the turn/river. Although I will concede that his kicker is definitely bad and against bad players this play won't necessarily tell him where he stands as far as kickers go.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:28 PM

Since I was last to act I agree that raising would have been a better play on the flop. Maybe it could have given me a free turn card. Or maybe not.
I would have layed down to a reraise, and if I had only callers and then someone bets out again on the turn then its an easy fold.

Not to be results oriented of course, but the turn made a straight for someone and the river made a flush for another, so I didn't mind my fold to much.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Re: One of many marginal hands

If there's an A in your hand and an A on the board, then the probability that no one else was dealt an A (in a 9 handed game) is 43%. Just thought I'd throw that out there for whatever it may be worth.

I also agree with raising the flop.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there's an A in your hand and an A on the board, then the probability that no one else was dealt an A (in a 9 handed game) is 43%. Just thought I'd throw that out there for whatever it may be worth.

I also agree with raising the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but what's the most likely card to be in a given hand?
Old 10-25-2004, 07:03 PM

Something that freaks me out about raising with TPTK (and I realize that this isn't tk) is that when someone three bets me I don't know if I should lay it down -- they could be on a flush or straight draw or something like that.

The only time that I _know_ that I should put it down is if the flop is like k82 rainbow and I've got k4s in the bb and someone in a crowd raises me. It sucks, but if people are willing to play like I am, that is, pump the draws, then I have no idea what they have until I bet the turn.

If they call it, I can put them on a draw, but if they raise, then I'm thinking twice, as long as there's a crowd.

I'm very surprised that many more flops arent' capped in multi-way pots. It's a little disheartening, because i really want most of those flops capped. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Please comment on this if anyone has any idea how you read someone who's capable of capping flops with draws.

--Dave.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those raise or fold situations. Like everyone else said, he could be behind and drawing to 3 outs or he could be ahead. He just doesn't know and calling is one way to waste some bets on the turn/river. Although I will concede that his kicker is definitely bad and against bad players this play won't necessarily tell him where he stands as far as kickers go.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would an AT respond to that raise? Would he re-raise or would he call?

Edit: whoops, I suppose that's what you were trying to say... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry dude.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he is behind, a raise is here much better than a call. Calling is almost never right - especially with top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is fine, he has a backdoor flush draw. You need to understand how much his hand value changed with that turn card. His flush draw is gone and kicker is worthless, plus theres many more straight draws out there on the turn. I know his kicker was never good, but its the BB representing a hand, and if that is an ace it could be any ace. There is nothing wrong with calling that flop.

This line is fine.