Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 05:18 PM

Default 3/6, QQ w/ king high flop, see showdown?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero?

Don't have much of a read on villain. What do I do here vs a slight passive or slight aggressive player or an unkown like this is?

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 08-27-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: 3/6, QQ w/ king high flop, see showdown?

I really think you need to bet the turn here. villain will have clubs a lot of the time here, why check through the turn??

you have to call the river, it's too easy to bluff there.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:34 PM

I like your line a lot, but you realize this river is about the easiest call in the world right?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:05 PM

I like the turn check. If he has clubs he's probably gonna bluff the river like most players anyway so you don't lose a bet. You also avoid folding the best hand, and induce bluffs/calls from random Ax or other hands. Unless he has flush draw he has at most 3 outs and usually way ahead or drawing dead.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:08 PM

what about all the times he has a PP or nut flush draw and will call bets on both streets?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:09 PM

yea that's obviously the negative but I think the factors I mentioned outweighed those that you mentioned. Against a loose passive betting is best. Against someone who is decently aggressive with the potential to checkraise with an inferior hand or who bluffs a v. high frequency of time on river, checking is better imo.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea that's obviously the negative but I think the factors I mentioned outweighed those that you mentioned. Against a loose passive betting is best. Against someone who is decently aggressive with the potential to checkraise with an inferior hand or who bluffs a v. high frequency of time, checking is better imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll buy that.