Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Early morning MGM trip report

I had the day off so I decided to go to the MGM and play me some $1/2 NL. It was one of those sessions you never want to leave. Lady luck was smiling on me for sure.

I bought in for $100, $80 in nickels and $20 in dollars. Very early on, I believe the 5th hand I get A4 on the button. Four or five to the flop and it comes with an A4. I lead out and most fold except one who calls. Turn is a queen I believe and I lead out again for $25 and get another call. River is a another 4 and I check looking for a bet, which I get. He moves all in and I immediatly call and turn up the full house. He mucks without showing and is now tilting.
Later, I have about $300 in front of me. I look down one off the button at AA. It is raised to $10 in front of me by an equal sized stack to mine and I make it $40 to go. All fold back to the raiser. Flop is A 8 2 rainbow. Opponent is first to act and announces all-in. I insta-call and turn over the nuts. He does not show yet, and the dealer finishes the hand. He mucks his hand taps the table and says good hand. Over $600 pot. He has $6 bucks left and leaves it on the table and leaves. He said he had KK but I don't know why he would make that play on the flop with KK.

Still later I get aces again and flop yet another set. This was another $200 pot as the oppenent had AK and called my bets the whole way eventualy calling himself all-in.

The most amazing hand of the night was a hand near the end during which I was racking my chips up. I was BB and capped my chips as I was talking to the dealer. I never did look at the them. So the option gets to me and I say go ahead because I believe I was thinking I had my hand from the previous hand. The flop comes KKJ and I stop racking my chips to check my hand. I see JJ. Ok, cool this is a going to be good, there are about 6 players to this flop. I check and it checks around until late position bets out $20 into a $12 or so dollar pot. Oh goody, I call. Folds around and the turn snaps off another jack. And boom goes the dynamite! I look frustrated and check, and opponent bets out $50. Beautiful, I call. River is a blank, And I put him all in for approx, $40 more. Here it gets funny. Now keep in mind I have had aces 4 times in this 3 1/2 hour session. So he sits back and says something about, aces again huh. I am laughing inside my head. He is trying to put on some show, thinking his kings full are the nuts. He sits up and calls and turns up K9. I throw the 4 jacks out and he nearly falls over in his chair.

So the total for the session was $600 profit in 3 1/2 hours. I left at 5am only because I have to work today. I didn't want to leave though as I was simply running the table the whole time. I busted 6 people, one guy twice, during the course.

Also want to mention what a great room the MGM has. It and the Aladdin are my two favorite.

Nite
Old 07-22-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Early morning MGM trip report

[ QUOTE ]
I get A4 on the button. Four or five to the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River is a another 4 and I check looking for a bet, which I get

[/ QUOTE ]

You checked in last position? Or did you actually get A4 in the BB?

Congrats on a nice session though
Old 07-22-2005, 11:09 AM

Congrats on the nice session. I can only hope the pokergods smile on me tonight when I get there... leaving work in just under two hours.... too bad we are driving.......
Old 07-22-2005, 12:42 PM

sounds fun...but don't think you were running the table...the deck simply ran over you!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:49 PM

i'm still trying to figure out the part with A4 on the button, leading out the betting, and then checking on the river looking for a bet....

but congrats on the run
Old 07-22-2005, 06:13 PM

Yea, this doesn't make sense huh. This was like the fifth hand I played and before several jager-bombs. I think I was in one of the blinds with this hand. Sorry for the confusion.

And yes the deck was running over me. After a couple hours though, the whole table would fold to my pre-flop raise, or bet on the flop, so I started to make a few sneaky plays with nothing.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:45 PM

jager is an acceptable answer for anything
Old 07-23-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He said he had KK but I don't know why he would make that play on the flop with KK [ QUOTE ]

Because he didnt know you had AA. Think about it , if you have AQ , AJ, even perhaps AK do you make the overbet call ? He tried to represent the hand you had.

why does this look like i quoted someone else, weird