Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Locked threads and other BS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mine was not an insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

It absolutely was. Denying it is ridiculous.

In addition, you aren't even at the Rio. You're simply trying to create an insult nickname for a TV (eventually) player based soley on internet reports.

The Matusow thread isn't insulting him. It's speculation about Matusow's known tendancy to get upset and tilt away his chips.

The Commentor thread is something I don't have information since I don't get British TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving her a nickname based on SEVERAL internet reports from NUMEROUS sources, (which you seem to infer could be questionable..), is no more an insult than saying someone played a hand badly, and way LESS an isult than saying someone is an idiot for making a bad play, and you know that. You just made a decision to delete it because you are worried about the idiots that comment on her race, appearance, and size, and that the nickname I gave could be construed as a slam on her looks. Maybe you didn't notice than I even admonished a poster in that same thread over insults on her looks.

If I were to post, "We should call Dynasty 'The Mad Moderator'", would THAT be an insult, or just a commentary on style?

It's ok, I don't expect you to admit to making a weak thread deletion based on your own thread-eugenic ideals. But don't tell me my intentions.

"You aren't even at the Rio".....weak.

I bet I know more about what is going on at the WSOP than 90% of the spectators at the Rio anyways. Ask 100 random spectators what Aaron Kantner's approximate chip stack is, 2 might be within 100k. Ask me, I say 1.6 million.

This would be similar to me saying "What do YOU know about the Presidential election, Dynasty? Are YOU in any of the polling places?

Whatever, I'm done with it. Hail the new regime.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:20 AM

I completely agree. I thought at first locking the thread about the Raymer comments to the weirdo was ridiculous (notice that it later got unlocked). And maybe I'd rather read a thread just about Phil Ivy than having to go to the "main" one and wading through 600 others. Sticky the daily post so it stays at top, and let others open different threads even if they are on other topics. If people don't want to read them, they'll sink off the page anyway. If people do want to read them, why should a moderator tell them it has to be on the "official" tag. Some posts/topics are certainly inappropriate, and I appreciate how hard moderating is. BUt when in doubt, lean on the side of free discussion.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:28 AM

I like what Dynasty is doing for the most part. The biggest problem I have had with his reign as moderator is when Greg Raymer pwned some guy and it got deleted. Saddest moment in my short 2+2 history. That was one for the ages and is gone now. If Greg is going to defend himself, to the delight of the entire forum, by completely owning the troll, let the thread stay.

AcidReign
Old 07-14-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty has already vastly improved this forum in general in the short time he's been moderating.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he do that? By sending Vince and Smoothcall to the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried to talk to them. But, it always seems that when I'm talking to one of them, the other isn't around. Then, the one I'm talking to steps outside for a moment and the other comes in seconds later. I can never seem to catch the two of them together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.