Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: same guy won back to back $200k\'s on full tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RIGGED. He's probably a majority share holder in the company... or is banging annie duke one of the other sponsers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Annie Duke is with UB, besides I heard Ansky is banging her

[/ QUOTE ]

he'd be banging all the chicks if it weren't for luck.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once went back to back in the $11 rebuy first place and 3rd on consecutive nights sometime in 2004. Pretty [censored] sweet.

But I agree with HiatusOver that JV's ongoing run in online MTTs dwarf's anyone else's. Can someone give me a rundown on Rizen's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine wasn't a Sunday run, so in that sense it doesn't compete with JV's run. Contrary to what was said here I've never been in two 500k FTs at once, and in fact have never been at a FT in a 500k [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My run was basically I FTd the Party Friday Special 2 out of 3 weeks (I skipped the second week, so it was back to back for me) finishing 1st and 6th. Shortly after that I went on a run where I made 8 FTs in 10 days (and I only played 7 days in that run, trying to catch up on sleep after being up late every night and working every day) that included:

6th, 2nd, and 2nd in the Dise 60k (now 75k) rebuy.
1st in the nightly UB 100+9
4th in the Stars 45k
6th in the 200k Sat on Party
1st in the Party for Free on Sunday.
2nd in the 35k guaranteed 100+9 on Party.

That is the single best run I've ever had (and probably ever will have) that did include a total of three Sunday tournaments, but none of them any of the 'big ones'. I've really been running hot for the last 3 months or so overall.

I'm kind of proud that my run has sustained itself for 3 months and has included final tables in a variety of large tournaments and formats. I have no idea what exactly JV's run consists of, but anyone who can FT multiple of those big Sundays is on one hell of a run in my book.

-Rizen

Shameless plug for my poker blog:

http://rizenpoker.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id be willing to bet JV's Sunday run is the best Sunday run a member of this site has ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is JV record during this run?

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Also, not to brag, but for comparison's sake in addition to that 10 day stretch I've probably had over a dozen additional FTs in the last 3 months in events with a 10k+ prize pool. That doesn't include winning my PCA trip in a DS. Outside of that insane 10 day stretch though I'd like to think that my FT rate for the last 3 months isn't TOO far off what my normal FT rate is for how many tournaments I play.

-Rizen

Shameless plug for my poker blog:

http://rizenpoker.blogspot.com